2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thats why I didn't put the wheels on because any movement at all would end up...not good.

jakuum said:
Here's mine.

WS2.jpg

WS1.jpg

May go to home depot and replace the keyboard tray. The whole veneer and whatnot peeling.
how's that case? I was looking into it for one of my systmes :)

AMD RULES said:
how's that case? I was looking into it for one of my systmes :)

I like it a lot. Nice and quiet. Kinda cramped inside but it's well worth the silence.

jakuum said:
I like it a lot. Nice and quiet. Kinda cramped inside but it's well worth the silence.

It looks really nice. I might pick it up if I can get a really hot deal on it. That case is really expensive, isn't it? More then the P180 I think.

Nope, usually less than the P180. Newegg has for Solo for $90 + shipping, P180 for $125 but with free shipping.

Here's my rig station,
Audiotechnica A500s
Insignia NS-B2111

picture006dw7.jpg

picture007iv5.jpg

picture008hr7.jpg

Sorry for the crappy fotos, I am not much of a photographer,

dBTelos said:
Why does everybody have those low-end Insignia speakers?

Listen and all shall be revealed.

Sound decent compared to what? Your $5 headphones?

No, compared to 100-200 dollar Polks and Infinitys. Google and you will find reviews.

BMWlover said:
Here's my rig station,
Audiotechnica A500s
Insignia NS-B2111

They are not the worst photos i've seen, trust me.
Nice little audio setup you have going on there.
Hope you enjoy it!

わたし

towert7 said:
They are not the worst photos i've seen, trust me.
Nice little audio setup you have going on there.
Hope you enjoy it!

わたし

Thanks.
Watashi, me or I, do you speak japanese?

BMWlover said:
Thanks.
Watashi, me or I, do you speak japanese?
Only a few words, nothing full blown yet. I just wanted to see if hardforums would allow it. ^_^
Glad to see they do.

nigerian_businessman said:
MY FIVE DOLLAR HEADPHONES SOUND MAD GOOD HOOKEd UP WITH MY BEST bUY MONSTER CABLES YO
Oh man, I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh so much!!!!
Thanks nigerian businessman.

dBTelos said:
Sound decent compared to what? Your $5 headphones?

hey no i don't even own a five dollar pair of headphone you can make those 135 dollar SENNHEISER i don't buy cheap heaphones i spent more on my headphones then on my speakers my speakers are logitech x-530 and if you think they sound like shit you can need to go buy a pair and listen to them

koegs said:
Re-Arranged a little bit:

Schreibtisch_Flash_2006_10_23.jpg

Hey, koegs, which monitor is considered your main monitor. It looks like your right, but I can not figure a way to set up my duals so that my right is my main, any suggestions?

gearhead364 said:
Hey, koegs, which monitor is considered your main monitor. It looks like your right, but I can not figure a way to set up my duals so that my right is my main, any suggestions?
Go into Display Properties, select the monitor you want as primary from the drop-down list, and check the box that says "Use this device as my primary monitor." That should do it.

BMWlover said:
Here's my rig station,
Audiotechnica A500s
Insignia NS-B2111

IMG]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6505/picture006dw7.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3888/picture007iv5.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1674/picture008hr7.jpg[/IMG]

hello BMWlover! let's not talk about your monitor size but its image quality (that's what i am interested in). do you think your nec has the best image quality in the world, would you replace it for another brand?

samsung.204b said:
hello BMWlover! let's not talk about your monitor size but its image quality (that's what i am interested in). do you think your nec has the best image quality in the world, would you replace it for another brand?

Q1) Yes, I love the NEC. I think it's build quality is great and it feels solid. As for picture quality, I am amazed at what it is capable of. HD videos are amazing, and after fiddling with the Nvidia control, a truly wonderful picture can appear.

Q2) No, it was completely worth the 379 dollars.

gearhead364 said:

The monitor on the left is my main monitor.
Zero82z gave you the answer to your problem.
:)

Here is a pic of my of my setup, which is still a WiP. Its really difficult to get a shot of the whole thing. There are surround speakers on the left and right sides and in the back of the room for when I am watching HDTV from a couch facing the desk. The CRT monitor often appears washed out in pics too, but its actually a very dark and rich display. The larger monitor is a 37" westinghouse 37w3 LCD, and the smaller one is a 24" sony FW9012 ("FW900") CRT. I run them in dual mode with objectdock running toolbars on the 24" mainly, keeping the 37" screen as the primary screen for apps and games without interface clutter.

The westy monitor is sitting on a mini computer desk/stand from target I had in storage. Its hard to see in the pic, but it allows the monitor to sit further back behind my corner desk. I've found 3'10" to my chest a very comfortable viewing distance. Also please excuse the fire extinguisher I had there to hold back the tapestry while I ran some wires and forgot about it until after I saw the pic. lol.. And everything including the desk tends to look miniature in the pics to me but its actually quite a substantial area and the monitors are both pretty large. I think its partially a perspective thing fooling your eyes into seeing the keyboard and other things as larger than they are because they are closer to the camera. I'm considering getting a strong LCD arm to replace the mini-desk in the future but here is the setup as it is for now:

westy-FullDesk-B_10-31-06.jpg

cubecase_front-close_9-27-06.jpg

elvn said:
Here is a pic of my of my setup, which is still a WiP. Its really difficult to get a shot of the whole thing. There are surround speakers on the left and right sides and in the back of the room for when I am watching HDTV from a couch facing the desk. The CRT monitor often appears washed out in pics too, but its actually a very dark and rich display. The larger monitor is a 37" westinghouse 37w3 LCD, and the smaller one is a 24" sony FW9012 ("FW900") CRT. I run them in dual mode with objectdock running toolbars on the 24" mainly, keeping the 37" screen as the primary screen for apps and games without interface clutter.

The westy monitor is sitting on a mini computer desk/stand from target I had in storage. Its hard to see in the pic, but it allows the monitor to sit further back behind my corner desk. I've found 3'10" to my chest a very comfortable viewing distance. Also please excuse the fire extinguisher I had there to hold back the tapestry while I ran some wires and forgot about it until after I saw the pic. lol.. And everything including the desk tends to look miniature in the pics to me but its actually quite a substantial area and the monitors are both pretty large. I think its partially a perspective thing fooling your eyes into seeing the keyboard and other things as larger than they are because they are closer to the camera. I'm considering getting a strong LCD arm to replace the mini-desk in the future but here is the setup as it is for now:

westy-FullDesk-B_10-31-06.jpg

cubecase_front-close_9-27-06.jpg

what are your specs, and is your case custom made or if not, a link please :D

Thanks

Nice workstation, love the huge monitor too
:cool: :D

dab. said:
guys any1 know where I can get something like this?
Also the shelf on top is nice so would be nice if I can get that too. Thanks guys.
Or maybe dab can answer that :)

thanks bud. I checked it out and oculd not find anything as nice as this one. Did he build it himself? Any other suggestions? Someone has gotta know where this guy got his!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back