24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

I really hope someone here has a solution. I've spent 12 hours today trying to solve this issue.

I read here and on Reddit about how Intel iGPUs can do interlacing, so I bought a new motherboard and an i5 13600k to use interlacing on my IBM P275. I have a 6900 XT as well that I'm using. Set it up and made some interlaced resolutions. I was blown away by the clarity at 2400 x 1800i at 120 Hz. Played Helldivers 2 and had a great time. Thought I would try Halo and it unfortunately went to black screen. Wasn't sure what that was about but after that, every game that I've tried it crashes. My PC just will not switch from my iGPU to my 6900 XT. Just to clarify, Windows 11 lets you choose which GPU you want to use. I was connected to my IGPU, using it to display interlaced resolutions while the games render on my 6900 XT.

It doesn't matter if I tell it which specific GPU in the Windows graphics settings. It just doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled both Intel and AMD drivers. Tried multiple different versions of each. It will not work. It will start the games if I specify iGPU but will not use the 6900 XT. I can't switch in the middle of a game either.

Looked for BIOS settings, tried changing the iGPU to primary. That didn't work. Downloaded the latest motherboard drivers. Didn't work. It's the same black screen everytime. GPU fans don't spin. For some reason the iGPU is not communicating to the 6900XT anymore.

Again, it did work initially but after a crash it hasn't worked again.

Anyone have any ideas? My last resort is a Windows reinstall but I really would prefer not, as I have SSDs full of family videos and pictures I would have to deal with. I'm not even sure if this would solve the issue?
That’s really odd.

I think the only variable that matters is what’s set as the rendering GPU in graphics settings in Windows

Only thing I can think of is changing those back to default, then back again to the 6900xt

the 580 is stronger, smaller and cheaper in my country xdddd , does it support interlacing with the newest drivers or will i have to resort to old drivers to use interlacing on it?
I don't know.

You're likely going to run into a problem where your HDMI adapter won't support very high pixel clocks.

Just do like us and have really nice card as the main card. Like a RTX Nvidia or RDNA AMD, then run an older analog card in another slot for interlacing.

Dumb question. Is it possible to have a powerful GPU like an RTX perform all the rendering, and then send the output to another video card in the system with analog output?

Back