2407 release date

Anyone care to post some pics of their 2405 to persuade me to get it. The only thing bugging me now is the look of the screen.

gazza_new said:
Anyone care to post some pics of their 2405 to persuade me to get it. The only thing bugging me now is the look of the screen.

Just go to Flickr and do a search for 2405FPW and 2405. You'll find tons of pictures. There's also a "Show us your LCD setups!" thread here with hundreds and hundreds of postings.

I've done it, I put £556 on my card and bought the 2405. The 2407 was £130 more and I just couldn't see why I should bother. Kinda annoys me cuz i could of had this screen 4 weeks ago but I waited. I'm sure others waited longer!

gazza_new said:
I've done it, I put £556 on my card and bought the 2405. The 2407 was £130 more and I just couldn't see why I should bother. Kinda annoys me cuz i could of had this screen 4 weeks ago but I waited. I'm sure others waited longer!

im one of te other waiters. still holding out for either a better revision of the 07, a DIRT CHEAP 05, or something better to come along in the near future. And i HAVE NO PATIENCE!!! :eek:

gazza_new said:

Yeah, we're in the same boat. But having gotten my 2405 for USD $699 + tax and free shipping, I don't regret my purchase at all. It's going to be a while before the 2407 issues are worked out and the revised models make it to market.

Going for a 2405 now is really a great alternative if you can live without HDCP-ish support. I'm a programmer and just need the horizontal width...soon...so this was great for me. Yeah, I could've gotten the 2405 a month ago, but I got a good deal, so no regrets here.

Just ordered the 2405 from Brad at wipro and I feel good. I mean how bad could a brand new 24" widescreen monitor be? =]

Nzo said:
Just ordered the 2405 from Brad at wipro and I feel good. I mean how bad could a brand new 24" widescreen monitor be? =]

Theres a deal on slickdeals.net for the 2405 that came out today. However you need to find a 30% coupon...ebay..probably...but it comes out to like $640 + tax.. You save a bit..but ya..

I ordered one last Friday....got it today

Get this..it shipped from North Austin (DELL) to South Austin (Where I live). :rolleyes: I shoulda just requested to pick it up. :p

I'm one of the millions who were waiting and waiting for the 2407. I finally decided to say _-it and order one from Brad @ wipro for $699. Then the deal came out today and I jumped on it for $639--will I miss HDCP? Hopefully not. Will I enjoy the 2405? Definitely!

toddo97 said:
I'm one of the millions who were waiting and waiting for the 2407. I finally decided to say _-it and order one from Brad @ wipro for $699. Then the deal came out today and I jumped on it for $639--will I miss HDCP? Hopefully not. Will I enjoy the 2405? Definitely!

Ah, Brad let you use the $60 off $500 coupon on your order? I ordered a 2405 from him on Friday, but didn't use this coupon.

Maybe I can drop him a line and get the $60 credit or something...

No--I actually just went the dell+ebay coupon+$60 coupon deal to get that price. Lucky for me, Brad waited too long to call me back!

I would have opted for that option but it would have came out the same since Dell.com would have charged me $27.00 to overnight the monitor. Instead Brad hooked it up for free.99.

Just received my 2407wfp, few test done... no problems through vga, but dvi does indeed suffers from gradient problems as well as the 1 pixel shadow. Will test response lag, and component input after work.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting another 2405 in the near future. This thing is a monster and would be hella nice with another next to its side.

dwai said:
Personally, I am looking forward to getting another 2405 in the near future. This thing is a monster and would be hella nice with another next to its side.

lol, if i ever got that, my 2 2405s would overtake my desk completely. :p

HDCP directly, no. However, it could be the HDCP compatible DVI circuit board they opted to use. Now the banding and pixel shadow is being confirmed, i'm so glad I went for the 2405.

JediFonger said:
do you think HDCP has anything to do with banding?

No. HDCP..isn't it supposed to downsize or something if you don't have it. Forgot..too many new damn restrictions...but anyways, I don't think HDCP would cause banding, that'd be retarded..

What about fuzzy text? That can't be caused by HDCP too right? :(

well somebody's gotta ask the questions. i mean 2407 uses about the same panel as 2405, but the problems occured when they added HDCP is highly suspicious. this load of DRM crap is causing quality issues :rolleyes:

I see lot of folks opting for the 2405, but why? This monitor is supposed to have input lag problems, so why would you buy this one instead of the HP L2335? Id like to know because I too was waiting for 2407, but decided against it. I decided against 2405 because of input lag. I ordered the HP L2335, should be here tomorrow, but I have 30 days to return it if needed.

fishy1234 said:
I see lot of folks opting for the 2405, but why? This monitor is supposed to have input lag problems, so why would you buy this one instead of the HP L2335? Id like to know because I too was waiting for 2407, but decided against it. I decided against 2405 because of input lag. I ordered the HP L2335, should be here tomorrow, but I have 30 days to return it if needed.

Its an inch smaller and costs $200 more. Also the input lag on the 2405 is only detectable by some people, it seems like most people dont have a problem with it at all.

JediFonger said:
well somebody's gotta ask the questions. i mean 2407 uses about the same panel as 2405, but the problems occured when they added HDCP is highly suspicious. this load of DRM crap is causing quality issues :rolleyes:

The 2407 uses a different panel. It's S-PVA instead of the 2405s PVA panel. Still samsung though.

Well, I got tired of waiting for the 2407 about 6 weeks ago and got a 2405 (Jan 06 manuf, rev A05). It died yesterday. After 45 minutes on the phone with Dell tech support in India and verifying my name, address, telephone number, e-mail address four times(!) with four different people we finally got down to the actual issue. It took all of 3 questions by the tech guy to determine that, yes, it was dead. They're sending a new one and it'll be here Friday.

JediFonger said:
SPVA is worse than PVA?

Nope, S-PVA is better than PVA...but apparently Dell screwed up somewhere with the DVI connectors or something

I guess I'm just immune to input lag as I never saw it playing CS:S on my 2001FP as well as not seeing it on my 2405FPW playing CS:S.

Well, I got sick of waiting for the 2407 and after reading the preliminary reviews coming out of Japan I'm not even sure if it's still worth the wait! I ordered a 2405 since Dell is having a 7 days of deals up here in Canada. I picked it up with a 3 year warranty for $799 ($910 after tax/shipping).

aznx said:
Nope, S-PVA is better than PVA...but apparently Dell screwed up somewhere with the DVI connectors or something

its an identical panel, the only difference is the massive increase in overdrive hence the worse lag.

I'm tired of waiting and hearing all the negative reviews. Has anyone here had any experience with Viewsonic's VP2330wb?

yesss

the only difference is the overdrive S-PVA is a PVA panel with more overdrive thats it... same viewing angle, same brightness, same contrast ratio only the response time has gone from 12ms to 6ms (g2g) although the average is still going to be around 16-20ms.

Krycek1 said:
What if it came out tomorrow?
I would still be happy with my purchase.

1) 2407 has issues (banding, blurry text, limited HDCP/HDTV support).
2) I saved $300 on the 2405.
3) It's not out yet.

kleox64 said:
yesss

the only difference is the overdrive S-PVA is a PVA panel with more overdrive thats it... same viewing angle, same brightness, same contrast ratio only the response time has gone from 12ms to 6ms (g2g) although the average is still going to be around 16-20ms.

If you look at the TFT info sticky, yes it has more overdrive, but supposedly it has better color reproduction as well....which is a definite plus

aznx said:
If you look at the TFT info sticky, yes it has more overdrive, but supposedly it has better color reproduction as well....which is a definite plus

Do overdrive and better color reproduction really go together?

aznx said:
TFT Sticky said:
Super-PVA (S-PVA)
- same as PVA except ...
- “Magic Speed” (the Samsung equivalent to Overdrive) improves pixel response
- slightly improved color reproduction
- slightly improved viewing angles
"Slightly improved".

Back