2407 release date

So I bit the bullet and made a purchase.

I've also been waiting months for the 2407wfp as I currently have my iMac hooked upto a crappy 17" TFT.

but today I found a 2405fpw for £450 and snapped it up.
I was holding out for the 2407 as I really liked the look of it in comparison to the dated looking '05 and also being in the UK HD has only just begun to take off and I don't have a HDTV (I have a projector so i'm not willin to fork out for a 40 odd inch HDTV when I currently have a 100" screen)
so anyway...yeah I was worried about not being able to use the 2405 for high def DVDs in the future, but it looks like they won't be scaling down the quality for a while so I guess i'm set.

Plus, it's end of business here today on May 3rd and there's still no 2407

Punisher77 said:
"Slightly improved".

Forget the viewing angles even on the 244T at an arms length away, the sides of the panel are a completly different shade compared to the centre. Colour reproduction is usless if 20% or so of the screen area is a completly different shade due to the viewing angle of PVA/MVA panels. Also its alot more overdrive (to achieve the 12/16ms to 6ms drop), people expecting 6ms(gtg) response time need to know that it doesnt come for free hence the worse lag compared to the 2405.

kleox64 said:
Forget the viewing angles even on the 244T at an arms length away, the sides of the panel are a completly different shade compared to the centre. Colour reproduction is usless if 20% or so of the screen area is a completly different shade due to the viewing angle of PVA/MVA panels. Also its alot more overdrive (to achieve the 12/16ms to 6ms drop), people expecting 6ms(gtg) response time need to know that it doesnt come for free hence the worse lag compared to the 2405.
So you don't like 2405/2407... What do you recommend?

Just got my 2405, also a March 2006 manufacture date, revision A05. Flawless...no dead pixels, nothing.

Completely 110% satisfied with my purchase. VERY glad I went this route...it's beautiful...and huge.

HP L2335 arrived today.

I have light bleeding through when screen is black, in lower left corner only. Not sure if that is acceptable? I ran dead pixel program called, Dead Pixel Buddy, it fills up the screen with different colors. All Black, all White, Green, Red, etc., and I did not see anything other than those colors. Oh when it was all black, of course i saw light coming through lower left corner. The image otherwise is perfect to me.

I played Counter Strike Source and Half Life2 and they played smoothly at 1920x1080 with full screen mode selected in game on my Radeon 9800 pro. I did not have lag or anything else go wrong. Ihad to adjust my mouse speed to compensate for the 23 inches of desktop, its set for 17 inch CRT.

I selected the "Video stress test" from CSS and it came up at 60.4 fps @1920x1080.

The VGA to VGA connector was already plugged in when it arrived, and that is the one I have been using, I will try to use one of the other cables to see if it reacts same way.

I am really impressed with this monitor picture quality is awesome.

How do I add images?

Punisher77 said:
It's quoted from the TFT sticky... didn't you read my post?

I did, but to clarify...I was asking whether it was someone's opinion or something samsung had put out.

Punisher77 said:
So you don't like 2405/2407... What do you recommend?

I had the 2405 for a couple months, I just couldnt get use it it. Basically it ghosted and blurred and with the viewing angle issue I couldnt be bothered to keep it. Its a great monitor but it wasnt for me, Ive always been used to CRT's and the bar is way to high for any LCD.

LCD said:
I did, but to clarify...I was asking whether it was someone's opinion or something samsung had put out.
Yeah, I have no idea. I don't know where the info from that sticky came from. It's probably user opinion like most things on forums. ;)

kleox64 said:
I had the 2405 for a couple months, I just couldnt get use it it. Basically it ghosted and blurred and with the viewing angle issue I couldnt be bothered to keep it. Its a great monitor but it wasnt for me, Ive always been used to CRT's and the bar is way to high for any LCD.
So what do you recommend?

Punisher77 said:
So what do you recommend?

Funny how my 2405 has no ghosting, no backlight bleeding, no dead pixels, no input lag, or crappy viewing angles. :p

aznx said:
Funny how my 2405 has no ghosting, no backlight bleeding, no dead pixels, no input lag, or crappy viewing angles. :p
I'm happy to hear that... My 2405 should arrive early next week. :)

What revision is yours? A05?

Punisher77 said:
I'm happy to hear that... My 2405 should arrive early next week. :)

What revision is yours? A05?

Yeah March 2006 A05. I wonder what all these revisions fixed..I'd really like to know. Anyone know where I can find this information.

aznx said:
Yeah March 2006 A05. I wonder what all these revisions fixed..I'd really like to know. Anyone know where I can find this information.
I'm pretty sure Dell wouldn't post that kind of information. They're not like game patches. ;)

fishy1234 said:
HP L2335 arrived today.
Do you see patterned dithering in this image: http://www.toastyx.net/gradient.png

By patterned dithering, I mean something like this except not as bad: http://www.toastyx.net/dithering.gif

I went through three units with different manufacturing dates, and I saw that on all three of them. I also saw horrible backlight bleeding on all of them.

The HP L2335 doesn't have any significant lag though, unlike the Dell 2405FPW and the Samsung 244T.

ToastyX said:
Do you see patterned dithering in this image: http://www.toastyx.net/gradient.png

By patterned dithering, I mean something like this except not as bad: http://www.toastyx.net/dithering.gif

I went through three units with different manufacturing dates, and I saw that on all three of them. I also saw horrible backlight bleeding on all of them.

The HP L2335 doesn't have any significant lag though, unlike the Dell 2405FPW and the Samsung 244T.

Apparently the 2405FPW input lag was fixed...cause I have zero input lag. :D

aznx said:
Apparently the 2405FPW input lag was fixed...cause I have zero input lag. :D

Same here, in the little bit of time that I used my new 2405FPW last night, I saw no lag whatsoever. Picture perfect...seriously better than I could have expected.

A++ from me...SO worth $699. If any of you are on the fence and can still get it from Brad at WiPro for that price, DO IT. Tomorrow should be your last day.

You won't see the 2407WFP for $699 for a long time coming...I bet that price is at least 6 months out, and if you do see it at that price, it sure won't last long.

I have a 2405 coming tomorrow (got the deal for $639 on Monday), and man, I can't wait. I'll have a 2005 and 2405 sitting next to eachother until I get around to building a new PC :D

Just got mine today and it is the hot fire! I feel no lag and I see no dead pixels. I guess I'll have to wait till later to check the backlight bleed but I'm really happy with this thing so far.

Nzo said:
Just ordered the 2405 from Brad at wipro and I feel good. I mean how bad could a brand new 24" widescreen monitor be? =]

Who the heck is this Brad and where is this Wipro?

THANKS

Thanks I just sent a email to him.

If I can get something from him still, I see others have bought from him, but who is this guy, how did people come to find him and how did everyone make their purchases?

I mean I don't know anything about this.

ALOHA

DasFox said:
Thanks I just sent a email to him.

If I can get something from him still, I see others have bought from him, but who is this guy, how did people come to find him and how did everyone make their purchases?

I mean I don't know anything about this.

ALOHA

use the search button.

Just wanted to say I talked with Brad from wipro and just purchased the 2405 for $739 shipped.

:D :D :D

aznx said:
Feel. I'm not geeky enough to stopwatch it. Not worth my time.

In other words, we should all just take your word for it when deciding how to spend $700+...

nothx

plinx0r said:
Just wanted to say I talked with Brad from wipro and just purchased the 2405 for $739 shipped.

:D :D :D

I just want to say I received my 2405FPW yesterday and I bought it for $639+tax!

Wow, I love this monitor so far. No dead pixels, No ghosting, No backlight bleeding, and 1920x1200 pixel.

When I upgraded from my 20.1" VP201B (which is on ebay, btw) to this, I almost had second thoughts. ALMOST. But now I realize I just needed to move the panel back 5 inches.

edit: About the INPUT LAG. I experienced it for about 30 minutes. Now, I can't tell if its there. I uninstalled the monitor driver that i downloaded from DELL...thats all i changed. Perhaps my perception of it changed. I could almost swear moving about in OBLIVION the mouse movement would lag a good 1/20th of a second. Now, it seems instant. SEEMS. So far, i'd give it a good 9/10.

Bobby Peru said:
In other words, we should all just take your word for it when deciding how to spend $700+...

nothx

Ok...so don't buy it, geeez... :rolleyes: maybe you play one too many games. Get a real life. :p

Ok, I fed the composite video feed from my X1900xtx to my 2405, 2005 and a small Sony CRT. The 2405 and the 2005 were identical using xNote Stopwatch but the CRT was ahead buy a whopping .05 seconds. That’s if I read the n umbers right. After looking at many pictures that I took that’s what I saw over and over again. I’d need a super high speed camera to be sure. It’s hard to tell which numbers it’s moving from or to sometimes.

I also tried DVI to the 2405 and composite to the 2005 and CRT. That put the 2405 closer or about the same as the CRT.

With a digital display I would expect some delay on a very small and otherwise unnoticeable level. The driver chipset in the display has to have some time to do it’s thing. I don’t notice any lag when play CS: Source. Can we humans really see a 5 (or less) hundredth of a second difference?

My Setup: Here

Tanquen said:
Ok, I fed the composite video feed from my X1900xtx to my 2405, 2005 and a small Sony CRT. The 2405 and the 2005 were identical using xNote Stopwatch but the CRT was ahead buy a whopping .05 seconds. That’s if I read the n umbers right. After looking at many pictures that I took that’s what I saw over and over again. I’d need a super high speed camera to be sure. It’s hard to tell which numbers it’s moving from or to sometimes.

I also tried DVI to the 2405 and composite to the 2005 and CRT. That put the 2405 closer or about the same as the CRT.

With a digital display I would expect some delay on a very small and otherwise unnoticeable level. The driver chipset in the display has to have some time to do it’s thing. I don’t notice any lag when play CS: Source. Can we humans really see a 5 (or less) hundredth of a second difference?

My Setup: Here

Probably could see it, depending on what you're looking at, however if you have no comparison to look at right next to it, you probably can't/won't be able to tell.

I got my 2405 yesterday. WOW! However, in the top left hand corner there seems to be a dead pixel. However, it doesn't look like a dead pixel, it looks more like a shadow on the backlight. Its small and hardly noticeable. Dunno what to do!

My only complaint is that my 2001FP monitor's brightness does not compete with the 2405 which means............... I'm probably going to sell the 2001FP and buy another 2405 LOL.

gazza_new said:
I got my 2405 yesterday. WOW! However, in the top left hand corner there seems to be a dead pixel. However, it doesn't look like a dead pixel, it looks more like a shadow on the backlight. Its small and hardly noticeable. Dunno what to do!

Got a replacement today! This screen rocks! 2407...PAH! I love my 2405!

Back