2408WFP - comments and alternatives

PsichoDM

Limp Gawd
So,

I want to purchase the ultimate 24" monitor. I'd like it to have both great picture quality and good game performance. I'd be using it mostly for browsing, gaming and occasional movie. I heard the 2408WFP is pretty good and I remember seeign old versions of this monitor at work in the past, and they were pretty decent.

Is the 2408WFP the best option I have or is there something else that you folks think would be even better for my needs?

Thanks!

The A00 version is a pain in the ass to calibrate. A01 is really nice and should be all they're shipping at this point.

Stear clear of the 2408 as it isn't even cose to being the "ultimate 24'' monitor", unfortunately, no 24" monitor is the ultimate, they all have their flaws - you just have to decide which flaws you can live with.

Stear clear of the 2408 as it isn't even cose to being the "ultimate 24'' monitor", unfortunately, no 24" monitor is the ultimate, they all have their flaws - you just have to decide which flaws you can live with.

The 2408 is an excellent screen, particularly if you get an A01, though you're correct, it isn't the ultimate monitor.

Is the 2408WFP the best option I have or is there something else that you folks think would be even better for my needs?

If you've got the cash, consider the Doublesight DS-265W. It's 26" instead of 24" but uses an IPS panel and has a polarizer on the front.

Well if the 2408 isn't good at all, I'd need a few suggestions from you guys about other brands/models that you have had good experience with.

Thanks again.

Back