3 Men Arrested for Xbox Game Scam

I know a guy who used to go to Wal-Mart, buy a bunch of stuff that was on clearance (mostly DVDs) and then go to another Wal-Mart or come back a few weeks later when they weren't on clearance anymore, and turn them in for a refund of the full value.

He did it for a while, and used the money to pay for a big-screen TV, which he got for cheap, from Wal-Mart. Ironic, isn't it?

I'm sure it's illegal but the dude got away with it. I think he quit after he got the TV but who knows.

I like people think Wal-Mart is the only store white trash goes into, they go into many other stores and you probably don't even realize it.

I like people think Wal-Mart is the only store white trash goes into, they go into many other stores and you probably don't even realize it.

Yeah but it is one of the few stores that they lay clam on and congregate to.

it is crap like this that makes it all the more difficult when you have a legit complaint not to mention being the guy who buys one of their returns and gets home to discover a coaster in place of a game.

explain to the mountainous tattooed man in your cell what your in for :eek:

but they will likely get probation :rolleyes:

I rarely shop at Wal-Mart only because the one in our town is so fuckin' busy that it takes 30+ minutes to check out. The few times a year I do shop are on the week days or during off-hours (like 10pm or later).

Sorry, I don’t care where I get my shit from. Morals aside; If it's the exact same item, less expensive and convenient to shop, I don't care if it comes from Wal-Mart, Target or Best Buy. Money saved is money earned.

Now, if I'm buying something that I might want to purchase an extended warranty for, I will shop accordingly (i.e. Costco).

Well, you can blame the rising costs of retail goods on people like this as well. Glad some of them got caught. They should really start training the people that handle returns better, that is the only way to stop people like this. Oh yah, and always require a person to show their ID, and log their info when returning an item.

qft.

And honest customers suffer again.

I hate some of the BS policies that are *already* in place (especially at places like BB -I mean why the hell does someone have to get wait for a *#%*%(@* check if it's over XXX dollar amount, when you paid cash?). Much less the policies to come as a result of shit like this.

That's reason #1 why I vote with my $$$.
I refuse to wait for a refund, for something I paid cash for (in good faith that I'd get a working product).
If they can verify the issue right there and then, they can issue a full refund right there and then.

Let the shady one's go to jail. But be fair and *reasonable* to the customers that keep the roof over you.

Or make the cases clear, ie clear DVD case, and have martetting material only on one side.

Great idea!

Not to mention the employees at Target are much more pleasant to deal with.

They're probably slightly more well paid.

I am too good to shop at walmart, at least the one closest to my house it is ghetto as hell and the congregation of illegal day labors.

but there is a wal mart thats about 20 minutes away that is in a nicer neighborhood that I will go into.

I have nothing against Wal Mart just their cheap prices tends to bring in poor trash people who are likely to give me swine flu or something like that.

LOL -geographics does not make Wal-Mart (the company) bad...evidently, that's just your area. ("closest to my house it is ghetto as hell")

As you reference: "20 minutes away that is in a nicer neighborhood that I will go into"

Now, I'll grant you that poorer people, will likely cause more infections to be able to be recieved/spread, and that's valid.

Yeah but it is one of the few stores that they lay clam on and congregate to.

LOL. Nope. It's just the one that was made almost 'infamous' thanks to the Blue Collar crew. That's all. And in all the one's I've ever been to, I've never seen a single clam on any of them. Go figure. Darn my luck! :D

But seriously, there's zero difference between the two from a business/ethical standpoint.

In one, you're supporting the under-waged employees (and Sam's heirs), and supposedly, sweatshop children.
In the other, you're sending money out of the country (yet again) to some bastard Frenchman.

Take your pick!

I know a guy who used to go to Wal-Mart, buy a bunch of stuff that was on clearance (mostly DVDs) and then go to another Wal-Mart or come back a few weeks later when they weren't on clearance anymore, and turn them in for a refund of the full value.

He did it for a while, and used the money to pay for a big-screen TV, which he got for cheap, from Wal-Mart. Ironic, isn't it?

I'm sure it's illegal but the dude got away with it. I think he quit after he got the TV but who knows.

I thought that's why they require receipts, lol :rolleyes:

I thought that's why they require receipts, lol :rolleyes:

You can do so many returns a year without receipt and they give you in store credit based on the lowest sale price. At least thats been my experience, i know one year i was told i had 3 that year and i couldnt return anything else without a receipt and my wife had to do it.

It says they removed the game without making the seal look like it was obviously broken.

I worked customer service at Best Buy and people were always trying to be slick and return a different item in the box or an old item. But I used to check everything, everytime. If the seal looked a little off, I'd cut it open, match model numbers or serial numbers from the product to the box [if they were available]. I caught a lot of people trying to be shady. But there were a few real criminals that had all the right equipment to make it look legit. Shrink wrap machines, manufacter tape, etc. So we still had a lot of what we called "rocks in a box".

You should be able to get up and kick the shit out of people trying to do that. Seriously.

Yeah, that's just going low. Maybe stores should check their returned stuff more precisely even if it would suck.

Delusional FTW.

I hate walmart and hate being there on the weekends especially but its way too damned convenient to pass up.

Walmart has never been convenient to me. Always takes 5 times as long to check out as it was to actually find what I wanted.

Last time I wandered into a Walmart PC games section (pc games are the only ones not behind locked displays) I got to see first hand real pc game piracy. At least 6 boxes torn open with the cdkeys torn out of manuals, cd sleeves, etc. I had a good laugh at that one.

I only see this at Walmart. Too dumb to pirate software? Steal it from Walmart!

Walmart has never been convenient to me. Always takes 5 times as long to check out as it was to actually find what I wanted.

With the new self checkout lanes walmart is faster than anywhere else around here. Your walmart not have these yet?

this happened to me AMF at my local target. Damn game was rewrapped pretty damn good. When my kid opened it, there was a blank CDR in the case. I remember thinking that if Target gives me shit on this, I'll fucking lose it. Turns out, they were aware of the scam and immediately gave me a new game.

Glad these fucking dicks got theirs.

With the new self checkout lanes walmart is faster than anywhere else around here. Your walmart not have these yet?

They close our self checkouts at night and only have 2 registers open after like 8. There were a few times I had to go to walmart at 1-4am and end up standing in line for 10mins because only 1 register was open and the walmart person is going slow as shit cause they need to sleep when they aren't working instead of hitting a bong then falling off a keg before they pass out an hour before work. Good night.

I am too good to shop at walmart, at least the one closest to my house it is ghetto as hell and the congregation of illegal day labors.

but there is a wal mart thats about 20 minutes away that is in a nicer neighborhood that I will go into.

I have nothing against Wal Mart just their cheap prices tends to bring in poor trash people who are likely to give me swine flu or something like that.

What kind of shit are you spewing? Swine flu doesn't travel the globe because poor people can afford to fly. You are no better than any of these poor trash people (your words). In fact you are worse. Get off your high horse and get a fucking life.

Uh, you just described that you're too good to shop at Wal-mart using a few more words.......

No, he's saying the typical clientele of Walmart is brain dead. I honestly get severe headaches and anxiety attacks when I'm at Walmart outside of the hours of 2 to 3 AM.

Per my previous post, unless it's 2 to 3AM and I get a Walmart fix, I will typically go to my more expensive local grocer just to avoid an aneurysm whilst shopping.

No, he's saying the typical clientele of Walmart is brain dead. I honestly get severe headaches and anxiety attacks when I'm at Walmart outside of the hours of 2 to 3 AM.

If thats the case where is it safe to shop at those hours? Sounds like you need therapy not a new store to shop at.

What kind of shit are you spewing? Swine flu doesn't travel the globe because poor people can afford to fly. You are no better than any of these poor trash people (your words). In fact you are worse. Get off your high horse and get a fucking life.

No, but diseases like this tend to follow poorer populations that don't have access to basic healthcare and live significantly under the poverty level.

I'd consider illegal laborers coming in from our neighbors to the south would qualify.

Granted, his words weren't exactly tactful, but he's not that far from reality.

Back