3 Port CPU Block suggestions, plus some DD RBX Q's

Mysterae

Gawd
I've not been able to give my build parallel HEX the time it deserves lately due to work and other stuff, but now's the time!

I'll be placing my order for my AC components tonight, but I need a plan B if I screw up the modification to the cuplex XT to 3 ports like I originally suggested here.

So I'm looking for suggestions on other 3 port CPU blocks. The prerequisites are it's for an AMD X2 cpu, and the fittings must be able to be replaced.

Someone suggested the DD RBX on my project log, and it is a good suggestion but I have a few questions I couldn't find the answers for:

1. what is the thread size/type of the RBX fittings? Are they 1/2" BSPT, NPT for example.
2. is it worth getting the nozzle pack, and if so, what nozzle do you use? The ProCooling site says #4 and #5 are best for the TDX, does this equate to the RBX too?
3. will using 'low flow' tubing (6mm ID) have any ill effects? Can't see any, but worth asking none-the-less!

In case you haven't gathered from those questions I'll be replacing the stock fittings with quick fittings (hate to use barbs unless I really have too, pump etc).

Remember, waterblocks have better performance with higher flow, but I don't think it will perform any worse (or better) than an AC block will at the same flow.
If you buy a used one, you might get the old 9/16" UNF threads, which are almost impossible to find fittings for. If you buy a new one from DangerDen you will got a block with 1/4" BSPP threads, which are the same ones that AC uses, so you could even use plug n' cools on them.
I would assume the nozzle selections for the TDX will be the same for the RBX, as they are exactly the same in that area of the block.

Many thanks penguin.

Regarding flow, it's difficult to calculate the amount of flow I'm going to have at the cpu because of the oddity that is my water cooling circuit ;).
Thanks for the thread info, not what I thought it would be. Definitely need to confirm that before I buy one. The AC blocks are actually 1/8" BSPP if I'm not mistaken, but the fittings are still easy to change.

Any good 3 port cpu waterblock suggestions apart from the RBX?

AquaXtreme WhiteWater Limted Edition

Make sure it's the LE version as that's the one that's all copper. I have it and will be installing it soon.

MANTI5 said:
AquaXtreme WhiteWater Limted Edition

Make sure it's the LE version as that's the one that's all copper. I have it and will be installing it soon.
QFT. You can also get a standard whitewater that has a poly top for $5 more, but it doesn't look nearly as awesome as the LE. I don't know what the threads are on them, but I have a suspicion that they're 9/16-18 UNF, as the fittings look alot like DD's old high flow fittings.

Back