3 way shootout

Woot, go Aspire!

I always root for the underdog. Aspire's QPack beating out a Sliverstone creation? Unheard of, but true! Not to mention the QPack hax 2x as much modding potential as the Silverstone.

bluefunnel said:
I just wish they hadn't based so much of their opinion on the power supply.

The opinion wasn't based on the power supply but more or less on the performance and low price.

I know it wasn't entirely based on it but they put it's worth a little higher than it really is(the power supply, not the case, I love the case). Perhaps they got lucky with it.

I don't know, I'm just grumpy because I can't figure out what to do with mine. I read too much into two sentences.

bluefunnel said:
I know it wasn't entirely based on it but they put it's worth a little higher than it really is(the power supply, not the case, I love the case). Perhaps they got lucky with it.

I don't know, I'm just grumpy because I can't figure out what to do with mine. I read too much into two sentences.

Eh it wasn't placed that high, I was well aware of the PSU's blowing up. With or without PSU its still $60 cheaper than the Silverstone.

It's disappointing that the SG01-E isn't any better than the old one. By their tests it's even a little worse in most departments. Still, i couldnt live with the cheap/ugly combination of the Qpack, i'd take the Silverstone anyday. Damn it is sexy in silver. Who really wants to settle for compromise though? That's why i got a Shuttle :cool:

GT2k said:
With or without PSU its still $60 cheaper than the Silverstone.

Exactly.

Aspire really hit the nail on the head with the 120mm fan. That's what really has made the QPack so dang popular for both enthusiasts and for those wanthing a quiet box.

I'd love to have the looks and build of the Silverstone but I wasn't ready to make the sacrifice.

In fact, I think there is a void in the market. I'd be more than happy to pay, say $100- $110 for a "Qpack 2" that had brushed aluminum and NO power supply. That'd be the best of both worlds.

Aspire is nice, but they need to sell the desing to Silverstone, coolermaster or Lian Li so we can see a high end faceplate and additional pretties added on to this cat by default.

Back