30 incher needs bigger fonts

nightanole

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a dell 3007wfp and its really hard to read text all day on it ( like my 15.4" 1280/800 notebook alot better) with its ubber 2560/1600 rez. I cant seem to get the fonts bigger using xp. If i go into advanced setting and set the dpi to 125%, all it does is increase the size of text for menus and windows explorer. Stuff like utorrent and web pages in firefox and ie are just as small as ever. Is there a reg setting or something that would up the global font size some how or anything? Im about to get a 1080p 32" just so i can read.

I have a dell 3007wfp and its really hard to read text all day on it ( like my 15.4" 1280/800 notebook alot better) with its ubber 2560/1600 rez. I cant seem to get the fonts bigger using xp. If i go into advanced setting and set the dpi to 125%, all it does is increase the size of text for menus and windows explorer. Stuff like utorrent and web pages in firefox and ie are just as small as ever. Is there a reg setting or something that would up the global font size some how or anything? Im about to get a 1080p 32" just so i can read.

try vista. for a change this is one of the good things of the new operating system. it has a better implementation of scaling.

try looking into portrait.com I think they have one or more software to address that issue. If Vista or other software fix doesn't do it for you, you can scale down your resolution, I forget what the 3007 scales down to. If that's unacceptable, then you need to downgrade and buy yourself a Dell or other brand 27" with a larger pixel pitch.

Stuff like utorrent and web pages in firefox and ie are just as small as ever. Is there a reg setting or something that would up the global font size some how or anything?
What often happens with web pages is that the font size is coded into the page.

In IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility and check "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages". Then View/Text Size and set it to what works for you.

Back