3700+ S754

coolie_d

2[H]4U
=FX-53, minus the dual-channel RAM, unlocked multi, and S939; correct? Just got one of these little S754 badasses and it sure seems to be blazing quick at stock, although my cheap RAM only does CAS3 at DDR400 it does run at a 1T command rate...... anyways, I heard the 3700s were made with FX53 cores, so if this is true, the 3700+ is one hell of a bargain..... just my thoughts.....

well.. it's a clawhammer. a lot of cpu's are made with the same core as the fx-53 ;)

gonna overclock? :D

Eclipse, wasn't actually planning to OC at the moment, that's why I went with the 3700+, but will probably end up trying some OC action as soon as the chip is no longer new to me...... i'll get bored with it and decide to see what it will do....... when I do OC it, I will make a post with the results...... probably gonna have to get something better than stock cooling though, if I want to see a really good OC..... oh well, even at stock I FINALLY broke 25k in 3dMark01 (I still think that's the most useful version to check out CPU overclocks with)...... at least an OC on the processor has an effect in '01......

coolie_d said:
and so does the clawhammer...... :D If it had 512k, it'd be a Newcastle....

Or a Clawhammer with half the L2 cache disabled like my old 2800+

Back