4.5GHz at 1.36v

kirk121

Limp Gawd
Is this ok for my 2500k I heard that 1.35v or so is about the max that you want on a SB processor. I am currently running prime 95 on the hardest setting to stress the most and voltage is stable at 1.36v, so my question: is this ok to run at for long periods of time or should I use some offset and get it under or around 1.36v

Thanks

Update: temps are hanging around what looks like 37c all cores fully loaded, and it is winter here where I live in the US so they will go up when summer gets here but should not get real bad since i am water cooled I hope.

ok this is a little strange, speedfan shows cores 0-3 between 30-35c and the ai suite shows just one a abut 30c

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean 1.35v not 3.5v. What kind of cpu cooler do you have?
I can get 4.5ghz stable at 1.25v. I need 1.35 to get to 5.0ghz. Everyone's experience is different. You are supposed to run prime95 for at least 24 hours to establish stability.

I'm guessing you mean 1.35v not 3.5v. What kind of cpu cooler do you have?
I can get 4.5ghz stable at 1.25v. I need 1.35 to get to 5.0ghz. Everyone's experience is different. You are supposed to run prime95 for at least 24 hours to establish stability.

ya thanks for catching that one for me :confused:, ya I think I would be kind of pissed right about now at that voltage. so you know what I mean and will fix in my post 1.36v is where it is running at now.

My smart assed reply I thought up is LN2 aint got nothing on the crap I have to keep my system bellow absolute zero :)

CPU and GPU both water cooled with tripple 120mm raid with 3 120mm delta fans and a 4500 rpm pump for overkill

Last edited:
It will be perfectly fine. I've seen most people set the upper limit around 1.45 with GOOD temps not like 90C and they are still doing just fine today. You might wear the CPU more than usual but even if its cutting the life in half - and thats 50 years instead of 100 per say - you will be fine.

It will be perfectly fine. I've seen most people set the upper limit around 1.45 with GOOD temps not like 90C and they are still doing just fine today. You might wear the CPU more than usual but even if its cutting the life in half - and thats 50 years instead of 100 per say - you will be fine.

that is good to know loving the change from original phenom x4.:D

has anyone had a problem where having the primary display setting in the bios set to auto caused the system to lock up when the GPU is under load and watching a movie?

I locked up twice after having the cpu under heavy load and not locking up at all, when I placed the gpu under load and then went to watch a movie locked up in less then 2 min. So I tested the cpu and gpu under a heavy load benchmark and no problems, but untill I changed the primary video setting to pci-e in the bios just to see what would happen it would lock up. And now at least it seems fine. :confused: And is there a guide that anyone knows of that shows or list what settings should be on or turned off for the most stable overclock? I am guessing that I have a few things I still need to work on to get it 100% stable or as close as it is going to get.

Thanks

Just a quick update for these that helped me, system has been running stable overnight and most of the day with 3 cores loaded with F@H and gpu also running F@H no Issues since I changed the video setting. Which is strange, the only thing I can think of is like I said that when I was watching the movie on my computer it was trying to switch over to the intel graphics instead of my nvidia causing it to lock up the system.

Thanks again

1.4+v is fine so long as you can keep the CPU cool enough.

The max vid on sandy is 1.52v. So you have a bit of headroom.

Note vid is not the same as actual core voltage.

I run my 2500K at 4.5Ghz at 1.35v with zero issues. Ran it at like 1.4v for a while for a quick overclock (was too lazy to play...just set it and forget it!). So 1.36v is PERFECTLY fine.

i run my 3930k at 1.425 to get to 4.9ghz and my load temps are sub 55c on my water setup. been like thsi for over a year and still going strong. i think as long as you keep the cpu cool you ok,i would think if you can keep it under 70c you good to 1.4ish

I can my 2500k at 4.8ghz 1.46v. Now with my 2700k im at 5ghz 1.425v.

Just keep it cool enough, and you should be fine. My personal preference is to keep it under 82c period, some people may say lower, some higher, but thats just what I like.

Back