4gb of DDR2 PC-8500 Different brand = same speed ??

Manon66

Weaksauce
I tried to find the answer.... no succes. I want to know if 2 different brands, let say G.Skill and Corsair Dominator, with the same timing 5-5-5-15, should I get the same results in benchmarks like everest or Sandra ?

I'm asking because I want to buy the G.Skill but I was wondering if they use cheaper chips that give lower performance ?

thanks

Timings and clock speed are all that differentiate different types of RAM with regard to performance.

Higher quality sticks with better ICs ('chips') may run better timings and speeds than they're rated for, but if both sets are running at their rated speeds and timings (DDR2-1066 at 5-5-5-15 2T, say) they will get the exact same results, speed-wise. No reason to pay more.

I installed the G.skill, set the timing in the bios, speed@1066mhz 5-5-5-15 and subtiming the same as my previous memory

well the result in everest are exactly the same.... latency was slower with the G.skill :confused:

Well it seem G.skill memory is slower, 1066mhz bring absolutely no improvement over my old memory ?

I'm getting a redund.

Back