5 Years

Tormond

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2007
Took a break and noticed that today is my 5 Year anniversary of folding for the [H]orde

1825 Days of WU and more to come! (averages out to roughly 45.5 WU per day for 5 years :)

Wow, serious stuff right there, hope I can stay in the fold that long

fold on brother, that's some motivation a lot of us here can look up to
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Took a break and noticed that today is my 5 Year anniversary of folding for the [H]orde

1825 Days of WU and more to come! (averages out to roughly 45.5 WU per day for 5 years :)

Start folding then because I'm about to take a mower to your ass in a couple of days.

:)

Start folding then because I'm about to take a mower to your ass in a couple of days.

Don't pay any attention to Dookey, he's always trying to look tough... :cool:

Welcome back to the [H]orde!

Congrats Tormond!! :cool:

(Can't believe the forum is back up...! :eek:)

thats 8393 ppd average

Wow! Good stuff. 83k WU. Nice work! Fold on brother. :cool:

come to think of it im at the ten year mark +- a few months only it was genome@home back then.

according to hardfolding, I joined 4-23-05. I've taken some seriously long breaks but I've always come back. Ah back in the days when diskless farms were kings of folding.. *tears up a bit*

Congrats Tormond!! :cool:

(Can't believe the forum is back up...! :eek:)

yeah no kidding. I come back and then can't get in....

hehe come see me in about 50K WU.. it isn't about the points it is about the science :)

For the one who gave the PPD average (sorry won't let me multiquote but one person) you also have to realize that when I started a BIG point WU was worth 100 points.. The new scoring system makes the points all but meaningless to me anymore. hell there are folks that have 3 times my "score" that have done less than 4K WU. Not that I am not happy they are folding it just puts the "score" vs "science" into perspective

yeah no kidding. I come back and then can't get in....

hehe come see me in about 50K WU.. it isn't about the points it is about the science :)

For the one who gave the PPD average (sorry won't let me multiquote but one person) you also have to realize that when I started a BIG point WU was worth 100 points.. The new scoring system makes the points all but meaningless to me anymore. hell there are folks that have 3 times my "score" that have done less than 4K WU. Not that I am not happy they are folding it just puts the "score" vs "science" into perspective

The thing is the WU you turn in now actually produce more "science" than the old small WU of the past.

There's a reason why they give big points for -bigadv. It takes my rig 2 days to do a single work unit, I think that constitutes significant work. As a matter of fact they just published a paper with some of the preliminary results.

Nice to see you around here and posting, Mr. Tormond!

Wow, I just noticed that it shows the joined date on the Hard Folding page. Just over 4 years now, my how the systems have changed. I honestly don't know why I never made a forums account either.

The thing is the WU you turn in now actually produce more "science" than the old small WU of the past.

There's a reason why they give big points for -bigadv. It takes my rig 2 days to do a single work unit, I think that constitutes significant work. As a matter of fact they just published a paper with some of the preliminary results.

i think the current point system has more to do with keeping people interested in the project and upgrading their systems to get more points.. back with the old WU's and old point system there really wasnt a need to upgrade because people basically got the same points no matter what give or take 50 PPD here and there..

i mean look at it this way.. how many people here have upgraded their systems to i7's and dual socket systems just because they saw some one getting 10k more points then them..

congrats! i need to invest in some serious folding stuff, all i got is a ps3, a atom 330 at 2.25ghz (~200ppd) and a atom 270 at 2ghz (75-100ppd)

thanks for all your [H]ard work, keep folding!

Back