50 Game GTX 1070 Ti SLI Review

I'd say it's pretty dead looking at the lack of scaling/support in games from 2016/17.

19 out of 26 games get an improvement for 2016//2017. Are we looking at the same charts?

I can't see the site anymore for some reason. But from what I remember a bunch of those were under 60% gain in performance. So sure sli might work but I wouldn't say it was worth the investment.

I can't see the site anymore for some reason. But from what I remember a bunch of those were under 60% gain in performance. So sure sli might work but I wouldn't say it was worth the investment.

This just offers a good baseline. Say for example you only play 3 or 4 of these games that scale really well you'd be besting a 1080ti. But for anyone that plays many different games sli/xfire was never really a good option because of widespread scaling.

Nice article! Wish there was more of them as people always ask about sli and it's hard to find one yo point to.

I left sli after always using it since voodoo 2 days.

Tempted to steal the ftw3 hybrid out of my son's rig just for bf1 and rise of the tomb raider I just started playing finally the other day in 1440 ultra wide. Hehe

I played a few of these games when I had GTX 670 SLI earlier last year (battlefront, for honor, ghost recon) and can confirm that it wasn't as bad as many seem to think (in terms of how many games actually support it).

however, i'm out of the multi-card game for now, power and noise was annoying as well as texture flickering.. sometimes a game would load and all the grass would be a shimmery mess until I reloaded.. stuff like that gets old pretty quick.

I played a few of these games when I had GTX 670 SLI earlier last year (battlefront, for honor, ghost recon) and can confirm that it wasn't as bad as many seem to think (in terms of how many games actually support it).

however, i'm out of the multi-card game for now, power and noise was annoying as well as texture flickering.. sometimes a game would load and all the grass would be a shimmery mess until I reloaded.. stuff like that gets old pretty quick.

Same,

So glad I got rid of my SLI laptop.

That thing... :meh: yeah fuck that.

Yeah I did sli with the 8800gt and gtx 260.. was pretty decent until it took more effort then it was worth creating custom profiles just to get certain games to work with it that I gave up on it.. I wish game developers hadn't been so lazy with mgpu support but theres only so much Nvidia/amd can do to fix that.

I think even 30% improvement is good enough for me, *if* I was running SLI.

I would mainly run SLI for two things:
-Cool factor/showing off (two gfx cards in a water cooling loop looks cool)
-Possible performance increase

Currently started playing The Division again. Starting over from scratch with a new character. Maxed settings @ 3440x1440 with 1 Titan Xp was getting me 40-45fps. Two cards - 85FPS in the in game benchmark. Difference between playable and not playable. Game is smooth as butter too. To me this is what SLI is about. Living in the next generation of graphics with todays hardware.

Back