55nm GTX 260

If you're happy with your current card, I don't really see any point in it. Even if it can get another 50MHz I doubt that is worth it.

I'm not liking 63c while idle, will I see any major temperature changes going 55nm?

whats not to like? these cards idle at high temps. thats just the way thing beez. they can take it.

Just got an e-mail today.
http://www.evga.com/articles/00454/

$36 for a step up from a vanilla 260. Should I do it? Think this puppy can overclock much higher than my current card? Might want to order before it sells out ;o
If you have a GTX260 192, then fuck yes. If you have the 216 core, then no, because the performance is the same. And don't worry about the temperature because is the temperature bothering your performance? If you didn't download the program would you even know? IS lowering the temperature 5 degrees going to help in any way? Nope. You're fine.

You know, I don't really care for EVGA step up because the prices they have on their website is so obscure and high, compared to everywhere else. So unless you buy from them or a retail outlet, it's always a huge price to 'step up'. And they take forever.............................................................................................................................................................................. to lower their prices so you have to either step up and pay a high dollar or not do it at all. However, those GTX260 216 55nm cards are actually priced DECENT. I'm honestly a little shocked that they are not $350. EVGA.com usually has pretty bad prices compared to Newegg.

My 260 c216 idles at ~40C (25C ambient).

I overclocked easily from 576 to ~700. I paid $202 + shipping for this card on a great deal. Not too worried about upgrading for probably nothing.

How many times can I step up? Lets say I use the step up to get this card. Can I step up again within 90 days?

Is there any word on how many Watts the card will use idle/load?
I've been waiting for the die shrink as my machine is on 24hr so lower power is good.

Yea my Vanilla 260 idles at 38-40 C, i'm not sure why yours is idling so high.

Just saw the 55nm cooler, pretty sad they shrinked it. I still have 61 days on my step up, I guess I'll pass on this one.

I would wait if I were you, when the 295 comes out im sure the 280 prices will drop alot, then you can probably stepup and get one of those, or the 285

Im down to 20 days on my step up. And, I guess I only get 1 step up per buy. So hopefully I can order the 295 before 20 days.

Back