6.7 Chucks ?

I asked about the chuck drivers the other day, they aren't in 6.7. For now you will have to use 6.6 Chuck drivers if you need that. They will possibly release a Cat 6.7 Chuck driver sometime this month.

Brent_Justice said:
I asked about the chuck drivers the other day, they aren't in 6.7. For now you will have to use 6.6 Chuck drivers if you need that. They will possibly release a Cat 6.7 Chuck driver sometime this month.

Thanks Brent...maybe...just maybe...they're holding off to release them officially with the 6.8's?

tornadotsunamilife said:
AFAIK there hasn't been any hint that the 'chuck' drivers will be fully integrated into WHQL drivers

I had a hint a while back that they would be, we will see.

Brent_Justice said:
For now you will have to use 6.6 Chuck drivers if you need that. They will possibly release a Cat 6.7 Chuck driver sometime this month.
There's some debate about the 6.6 Chuck drivers actually working. I tried like hell to get them going on my machine a few days ago - no luck at all. Others have experienced the same.

For whatever reason, ATi isn't archiving the older Chuck fixes, which is why I can't drop back down to 6.5 (currently on 6.3s).

First things first - There will be no CATALYST 6.7-based release of ATI's 'Chuck' patch. The reason for this is simple enough - When 'Chuck' isn't busy saving the world one pixel or a time, or using his ninja skills to spy on Technical Marketing Manager Dave Baumann, he's pretty busy integrating the code from the 'Chuck' patch into official drivers to be WHQL certified, and thus it has been decided that resources are better spent there to get this ready as soon as possible rather than 'fire-fighting' by releasing a non-WHQL driver containing the 'Chuck' patch each and every month. So, for the time being, if you want to play Oblivion with both High Dynamic Range rendering and anti-aliasing, you'll have to stick with the CATALSYT 6.6-based edition of the driver.

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=29

tornadotsunamilife said:
Well I'm glad they are being integrated, but how long before we see them? Hopefully before 7.x :D

They said that they are to have the next set of drivers with the "Chuck" patch included in the WHQL by October. Hopefully that is the case. Until then ATI said to stay with 6.6 if you want to use the Chuck patch as none will be available for the 6.7's.

Back