7800GT for 170$?!?

Seongmin

Gawd
I have the chance of getting an eVGA 7800GT CO SE for 170$ with all accessories and invoice. My question is, is it worth it?!? I've been out of the loop for awhile so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, so I'm asking if some of you guys could chime in with your opinions. Thanks in advance. :D

I think it may be. You could always take advantage of eVGA's step-up. Should you ever lose that deal, you could always find the open box Sapphire X1800XT for $200 on Newegg.

really? maybe i should buy that and sli...and yes, 170 is a very good deal...I SPEND 300!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

Yeah, it's a great card for the price. They sure are not worth the $270 they are currently retailing at since the 7900GTs came out (and finally fixed). But for $170, definately worth it.

That's about the same price as the 7600GT...so yeah I would get the 7800 even if it is slightly crippled. Btw....the gentleman above mentioned the "step-up" program but keep in mind that only applies if you buy it from an approved vendor. (list on EVGA site)

Guess who got the card that artifacts and doesn't want to work correctly?!?!?

NOT ME!!!! The card is freaken schweettt! The most money that I have spent on a computer component... :cool: . Thanks for the input guys. He's going to try to unregister the card so I can register it.

Glad your happy with it, its definately a good choice for that price. Pics!

Still regretting the fact I bought mine for $300 "on sale" in October 2005. However, I'm hoping it'll last me until next summer...then, it's new graphics card / Conroe time! :D

Cheers,
JP

got mine as a x-mas gift that was 305$, dropped alot since then, but still a great card, just played GTR-2 1600x1200 high settings fine!

The X1800XT is a great price at 200$ but I have had bad experiences with open box's. I'm just hoping that this computer does it's job as a word processor and email, as I am most likely going to go with a Conroe and Crossfire setup.

Back