Archer1212 said:
by the looks of this pic it seems like you have the water flowing from video card to CPU but personally i think you should have reversed that since videocards run hotter than a cpu

that won't matter. the water temperature is the same throughout the loop

Looks nice and stuff ... but I don't understand why all the ' low charge drop' stuff in such a cramped case like a Shuttle ...

I'd rather aim for "high presure drop" components ( micro-channelled waterblocks, high pressure pump ( yours seems fine for the task though ), 8/10 tubing instead of that huge ass 12/10 ( or is it 15/12 ? ) )

anyway, it looks nice and I'm looking for more from you ;)

Mashie Plz would u be able to do a side shot like this???

insides.jpg

with out gfx block in so i can see the way you have routed your tubing from your pump, and how sharp the bend is into the cpu barb thz( would help me a great deal) p.s love the job with that milliput ,cant w8 to see what it looks like airbrushed :eek:

I'm actually curious to see how it is with the CPU block....but remember that he did have to remove that top crossbar.....which would have made it MUCH easier on the GPU block's tubing.

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm actually curious to see how it is with the CPU block....but remember that he did have to remove that top crossbar.....which would have made it MUCH easier on the GPU block's tubing.
iv moved all my drives foward half a inch to acommodate my nv-68 but i cant see how he has it on cpu agred my tubing is screwwed because it was waiting on proper tubing to arrive but want to see how sharp the bend is on his tubing as to wether it would be possible in mine...

Great work, Mashie.
BTW the gloss is not from resin, that is all of our drool. ;)

thumbs up for your project ( even though my faves are OenOne & Anemone ones ;) )

U need an old M$ trackball with the red and black ball now with a little milliput added for display.

It would be pretty unpractical, but it would look good as a control next to it :p

My opinion, you doint have to do it but I think it would look good along side.

Hurray! Mashie's back and action and it looks better than ever. Keep us posted, mashie. More pics. As Cornelious said, you're making me want to mod a Shuttle :p

Hehe, I swear that there's some twisted conspiracey going on with all the l33t modders on [H]ardForum.....I bet they're all doing this JUST to get us off our lazy asses and get modding. ;) Well, you're almost there with this one mashie........aaaallllllmost. :p

mashie said:
Closer now? ;)

http://www.mashie.org/hardforum/d3_042.jpg

The resin has finally set allowing for a testfit again.

As a certain modder pointed out, the red cap will not stay red ;)

HOLY F*$%ing S@#$ dude!!!!! :eek:

That is seriously (and I AM being serious here) the nicest aspect of any mod I've seen to date......it's SOOOO perfect. I can't wait to see the rest of it now.

Gah, I hate you.....I dont have the green to drop down on a Shuttle right now, gotta pick up my MAX3 in less then a week. :(

*drools*
Mashie... You are absolutely the best. And I mean it.

Props to the 'One and Only' :)

Very Nice!

I think it would look pretty sweet if you found some little knobs for the Hose clamps, then they would really look like valves.

Thumper said:
Very Nice!

I think it would look pretty sweet if you found some little knobs for the Hose clamps, then they would really look like valves.

I agree, its cool how it is, but I think the clamps either need to be rusted over for a nice effect. heh, you could just try and find a little knob to attach to the screws if you wanna meet halfway on this. ;) :p

Damn Mashie, looking good. :) I have to agree about the clamps, there is definately some good modding potential in them. So, seeing as how your focus seems to be on the "infected" parts of Doom3, are you going to possibly add in some lava effects as well?

that looks awesome, but I dont remeber there being that much of the red stuff... more of it flowing down the walls. in peices.. looking like it was growing off the wall.. not the wall itself..

but it still looks damn good.

ClayDo said:
that looks awesome, but I dont remeber there being that much of the red stuff... more of it flowing down the walls. in peices.. looking like it was growing off the wall.. not the wall itself..

but it still looks damn good.

Stop ruining our fun and picking his case apart.....its very nice the way it is. And I do seem to remember SOME parts of the game with more growth then others though. ;)

It's all good

cornelious0_0 said:
Stop ruining our fun and picking his case apart.....its very nice the way it is. And I do seem to remember SOME parts of the game with more growth then others though. ;)

It's all good

um yeah how about you learn what constructive critizism is. He was mearly pointing out that it does not look like "growth" and more like the entire wall. I do agree with ClayDo that it looks more like the martian terrain more than the overgrowth of hell. I am in no way critizing his work, just stating what i see. See how it looks on the res, that is how i picture it on the walls. I believe you should have left some of the bare "metal" showing to look more like a wall that is being overgrown. But that is just my opinion, the case is looking fantastic and I just love the pump. cant wait to see the finished product.

JEEVES

I'd have to agree with ClayDo and Jeeves. At first I was envisioning a metal box structure with the death flesh creeping over parts of it. But this is Mashies mod and Mashies vision and it still looks kick-ass!

Keep up the good work (although I'm sure you hear that all too often)!

Looks awesome Mashie. You may want to put some of that putty stuff on the Res screw cap or at least paint it so that it doesn't stand out so much. Paint the clamps the same color as the pump so that they blend in more as well.

I'd say you got the "icky bits" part right - now if only you could make it throb :cool:

I would say my normal "sexy stuff"... but that is totally not... in a good way... errmm. yeah.

Looking awesome. Can't wait to see how the rest turns out. Are you planning a different look for the rest of thing to offset the abudnace of the red stuffs on the front?

mashie said:
Cool when did they find liquid water on Mars? :rolleyes:

I think he mean by the fact that it completly covers the front of the case(exception for power and cdrom()

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
um yeah how about you learn what constructive critizism is. He was mearly pointing out that it does not look like "growth" and more like the entire wall. I do agree with ClayDo that it looks more like the martian terrain more than the overgrowth of hell. I am in no way critizing his work, just stating what i see. See how it looks on the res, that is how i picture it on the walls. I believe you should have left some of the bare "metal" showing to look more like a wall that is being overgrown. But that is just my opinion, the case is looking fantastic and I just love the pump. cant wait to see the finished product.

JEEVES

How about the end levels where 99% is covered and u r inside the goo. The parts r inside and the goo is hell outside
like the teleport tunnels and the last levels of the game.

ErrOnReq said:
It's all personal preference guys. Let's not get too caught up on it.

For sures....but it IS yummy....no matter how you look at it.

Think about this, look at it as if you have NO idea what Doom is.....wouldn't you still be blown away? That's what's important.

on the subject of the valves somthing like this would fit the part if you can pull it off in milliput mashie since u are the king of it ;)

red_valve_aqua_wall.jpg

Sc4mpi said:
on the subject of the valves somthing like this would fit the part if you can pull it off in milliput mashie since u are the king of it ;)

That would be sweet if he could pull that off! That is pretty much what I was thinking, but it might be too difficult to work with, or not break once it's done :-/

mashie do you sketch your ideas before modding? Or do you keep a "mental picture?"

Sc4mpi said:

red_valve_aqua_wall.jpg

na those valves are for the HL2 case....oooooo funnay :rolleyes: (ya bad pun i know so shoot me ;))

really nice so far mashie as always :D

I'm surprised it took someone so long to comment on the irony of valves on a Doom3 case :D Maybe you shold make them levers instead...

Awesome work btw. I wish I had the patience for detailed painting.

I was thinking the wheels off off a tonka toy or medieval lego wagon (or even a Lego Technic pully)....

Valve + Rust Paint = HL2! (okay, that one was really bad, and maybe insulting to HL2...) I like the idea of Lego stuff, or one of those valves for your hose where it comes out of the house?

The Lego idea is a good one, here are a couple different lego steering wheels that might work well:

(Pics are clickable for description)

Maybe paint 'em bright red or yellow maybe? I think it would look pretty cool!
Keep up the great work mashie!

mashie said:
Hmm, any idea about the size? I need something that is under 19mm OD and 6mm ID for the axis.

Hmm......that's probly gonna be the clincher here.....cus aside from that there are a number of things I've seen that would work wonders for ya.

wow!

thats some awesome work man...

I'm a big big Shuttle fan and I cant believe I havent seen this thread up until now.

Back