939 4200X2 @ 2750mhz and rising for $69

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Got bored and stopped by Tigerdirect on my way home from work, saw a 4200X2 cpu for $69 and brought it home and popped it in, in all of about 5 minutes im at 2750Mhz and rising hehe, completed some benchies and gonna try for 2800Mhz, im using air cooling and a ASUS A8n32-SLI Mobo / 2 Gigs of OCZ ram 2/2/2/5 1T / and some junko Zalman coller. Im currently Running 11X250 and a X4 multiplier to keep the HT Linkl at 1000. Is 1.425 volts too much for this CPU or can i go higher?

Overall im pretty surprised of the results for such a cheap CPU. This will hold me off until Phenom Or Intel Quad core build.

No its not too much. Bout 1.5 is where you start assessing risk vs gains. Its all personal opinion though so if you fry yours dont blame me :p but ive been running 1.5-1.55 since I bought this sucker when they first came out.

Upto 2800Mhz but its not Orthos stable, at least on air anyways, gonna run orthos overnight at 2746Mhz and see what happens :)

no wait, $69 is alright ...
How can you say that is all right for that price =0 There is not a single processor out there for him that can do better. An x2 4800 cost around 175$ and an opteron 2.6ghz 185 cost $260 so great deal I am also most likely going to be getting one of these chips soon since they seem to pack a lot of magic dust into that little chip.

I just got the same processor a few weeks ago and 2.75 is as high as mine goes while still being stable. still it has great bang for the buck

I just got mine from newegg for the same price and it's a Toledo core. I was just going to use it for my htpc and i started overclocking to see how high it goes. I have some value ram and set it to 166 multi. cranked it up to see how high it went and so far i got to 2.85 with the a thermalright xp-120. the temp got up to the mid 50's though when i tried running two instances of sp2004. but did not crashed. i ran it for 10 mins...i think i can go higher but probably need better cooling. Btw this is at stock volts.

Back