A good/bad ray of sunshine?

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
Well this may be bad for the cure, but good for the overtake! :p

Silicon_Wars_-_a_New_Hope for OCAU has just been handing it to us left and right since he light back up. 55k+ PPD for the past few weeks. If he is down for an extended period of time, [H] has an insto 25K PPD gain on OCAU.

We are in the hole 2,000,000+ but that's nothing we can't make up!!!!

Don't get too excited thou, from what I can tell it is an upstream network bandwidth issue here so the dump is comming :eek: . I'm hoping right on Mooses head.

Oh, well. I guess I can throw in my few crappers, added another and updated several more to make sure they were running smooth.

Cap'n, I'm givin 'er all she got.....err......Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a ........ahh hell!!
Borg on my friends, we can do this. OCAU.....Prepare to be boarded Mutha F@&$a's!!!!

rayman2k2 said:
Does Rayman2k2 have to choke a bitch?
pepsi or choke?

hmm, interesting news. i just wish we had someone producing an additional sixth of our points for us ;)

the black knight always triumphs!

Looks like the dump came last night. 88k points in two updates.

Hey Logikality good to see you!

We need a couple 3-4 folders putting out 10 k a day or about 12 doing 3-4k hmmmm

So I was poking around on EOC this morning, and noticed something interesting. If you look at our trend graph, you'll notice that nearly all the points are within a tight envelope--the ones outside the "75%" probability are only just outside, with a few exceptions. When I contrasted it with OCAU's, I noticed that their outliers lie quite a bit farther out. With the number of CPUs each team has, you'd expect the production to be a lot more constant.

Then I saw a pattern. OCAU's "down" days are pretty regular...Nov 19th, Nov 12th, Nov 5th, Oct 29th, Oct 22nd. Hey, that's every Saturday! Might that have something to do with a certain OCAU contributor (or multiple ones) shutting down their university/school farms for the weekend?

What's interesting is to take those weekend data points and speculate about what OCAU's performance would look like with out those top few...

Mohonri said:
Then I saw a pattern. OCAU's "down" days are pretty regular...Nov 19th, Nov 12th, Nov 5th, Oct 29th, Oct 22nd. Hey, that's every Saturday! Might that have something to do with a certain OCAU contributor (or multiple ones) shutting down their university/school farms for the weekend?
With the holidays coming up, this can mean one of two things: 1) they'll be off the whole holiday or 2) they'll be on the whole holiday. We can hope for "off" and get some passing action going.

Also, is EOC not loading for anyone else?

I don't have any problems going to EOC?

I hope on, but with some odd spyware that takes most of the processor ;)

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

OSUguy98 said:
I don't have any problems going to EOC?
You don't? It just loads the little E in the corner and a grey page.

MooseEdit: Let's keep this OT. Thanks.

eoc.jpg

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Still no good... but it works in vmware. I guess it's just this firefox install. A few other things haven't been working, too.

Switchproxy. I have a proxy server at home, and none at school, so it's convenient.

Back