A Picture I Took - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
bird0001.jpg

bird0002.jpg

bird0003.jpg

GOOD GUYS 07
I love my new 17-40 f/4L
(sorry about the dust on lens, too lazy to take it out right now)
I took 470 photos that day, these are the ones I got around to. If you have any car you'd like me to look for in particular, let me know :)

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

hot1.jpg

I had some fun the other day with the new 58mm Circular Polarizer filter I got for my Canon S3is. It really helped in taking down haziness in the sky and bringing true colors back...

Hey! Is that Portland?! :)

My fiance took this one tonight and thought it was worth posting. It's a logitech G15 gaming keyboard, if anyone cares. ;)

DSC02962.jpg

Alright, I had a photoshoot with a friend. The original idea was axed because she was so tense from her session with another photographer (She's very sensitive, so huge 60" flashes going off didn't help). So I gave her a DSLite and Castlevania:poR (she games). We ended up just talking about everything and I snapped away. Out of all the sessions I've had, this is the one I will never forget.

This is the original image. Issues with skin blemishes and teeth. I like this one the most.

faces01.jpg

Brought in the red channel and used it to remove some of the skin issues. From there I evened her eye color out. Trying to give her a dream-like over-exsposed feel. Fixed the teeth a bit, not too much though, just enough to kinda make them straight. Clone tool is your friend.

faces02.jpg

Before I went with the dream-like look, I saved a copy and gave her more contrast to draw focus to areas. This image looks a lot more raw.

faces03.jpg

Messing around with a 70-200 F/4L i just got in friday on a rebel XT(350D) using a little WRX remote control car.

wrxl800.jpg

wrxl2800.jpg

Also a SixAxis from my PS3.

sixaxis.jpg

Sit still.....

.....when being photographed.

sidstille.jpg

Black spot in the hand is it's natural size.

Focus stacking of 14 pics.

EOS 350D (Rebel XT), 25mm extension tube, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM with a reverse mounted 50mm f/1.8

First try at focus stacking, pic suffers from alot of chromatic abbrevation, but getting that kind of DoF is awesome :)

looks like the album cover for papa roach:D

This is me skateboarding, my friend took the picture. He was using a Nikon D200 with 2 remote flashes.

474879412_e74a5e110a_b.jpg

Well I don't have anything worth posting from 2007, but here is a few from 2006 for now.

spink6.jpg

Canon Digital Rebel 300D, 50mm F/1.8 and 1x PhotoDisc Golf Reflector.

7-s.jpg

Canon Digital Rebel 300D, 50mm F/1.8.

Mallory Square in Key West at sunset... I wish I was still there....

I didn't actually take the picture, my wife did, Xti with and 18-55 lens.. and a little sensor dust to go along with it;)

I'm sure she'll be along with a few more before too long......

After some advice form this forum, just picked up my D40X w/ 18-55 & 55-200 VR.
Heres my results after a week or so of playing. bare in mind this the first SLR ive touched since i used to take snapshots with my parents Pentax Z70

The last one is quick a photoshop of 2 seperate shots (pretty obvious)
the rest are just the pick of random shots ive been taking all week.

I took this shot while on the job at a wedding a few weeks ago. This shot has not been Post Processed at all. Just resized and cropped. Shot was taken with a Canon 30D with a Tamron 28-75 2.8. C&C welcomed

A couple of photos from my work with the university newspaper...

photos_img2_07033041.jpg

photos_img2_07044160.jpg

photos_img2_07054509.jpg

Finally, a photo from a period when I wasn't working for them...
I much prefer mine to the blury ground-level photo the newspaper was able to produce without me...

photos_img2_07022248.jpg

stadium / common level seating isn't always bad :D

I just took this two days ago.
North York, Toronto, Ontario

Click image to view fullsize (3.3MB PNG 3396x708)

Canon PowerShot A430
Hugin + enblend & the Gimp

i got a tun of pic's i'll have to post some when i get up :p
working nights whoops ya in the morning, lol

Took this one a few months ago. I took it totally by accident while I was messing around with my new Powershot S3 IS and I just thought there was something really awesome about it.

mx100-macro-art.jpg

So we had a little storm pass by where I live at and I snapped some pics before it started to rain :

1)
img001edit1cl6.jpg

2)
img002edit1rv4.jpg

3)
img003edit1im3.jpg

4)
img004edit1cq9.jpg

5)
img005edit1by8.jpg

6)
img006edit1eq4.jpg

7)
img007edit1ec2.jpg

8)
img008edit1pm0.jpg

Took this one a few months ago. I took it totally by accident while I was messing around with my new Powershot S3 IS and I just thought there was something really awesome about it.

mx100-macro-art.jpg

is that a MX1000 on a Ratpad? Were you at my desk?

NewFaceBook.jpg

Just messing around in my backyard today :p. Kind of a boring scene :eek: but it was fun to do and I got to play outside :)

I am waiting for the FedEX man to show up with my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 :cool::D

edit: just noticed that I butchered the shadows... oh well

512126113_7698ce82fe_o.jpg

Messing around with some HDR. This was taken at St. Patrick's Church in Manhtattan.

It's actually not true HDR as you can tell because I only changed the exposure in Photoshop and not with the camera (I only brought my point and shoot to NYC for security reasons).

I used Photomatix 2.4.1 to merge and tone map the images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back