** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

^^^ Great shots, Vic! First one with the Lilly-Pads is my fav.

To Prim and FLECOM: try to watch what you say about Danboard. You never know when he could be standing right there behind you...

I agree. Plus when those eyes start glowing you better watch out.. Even Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer do not even f**k with Danboard.....

3619695661_cb28056563_b.jpg

What exactly were you trying to capture in that shot of the tiger zetachi? Let me rephrase... is that what I think it is sticking out between his legs?

Hello all,
Just returned from a week at Cape Cod and thought I would share a few pictures.
So lets get started:

- This is actually me, if any of you have ever wondered about the face behind the name:
IMGP4071E2.jpg

IMGP4221.jpg

IMGP4258E.jpg

IMGP4652E.jpg

IMGP4645E.jpg

IMGP3859E.jpg

IMGP3870E.jpg

IMGP3935E23.jpg

IMGP3903E.jpg

IMGP3841E2.jpg

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

Enjoy
Bob

79x76y6btm42bcwpkhv0.jpg

Took this the other day with my 40D and crappy 18-55 lens. I thought the shot came out okay. The original didn't have the background as desaturated, nor was there any blur on the brick wall. The processing was a bit rushed, so there are some mistakes.

I was taking some pics of my hydrangeas in my backyard and noticed the little green spider. I believe it is a Green Lynx Spider.

DSC01996b-vi.jpg

Here is a closer shot:

DSC01955-vi.jpg

Ahh yes, I see it now. I didn't want to look too closely before. :D

LMAO actually the point of the photo was that they were so well trained that they could be in the cage and petting the tiger like it was a domestic housecat :)

Here are a few recent shots I've taken with my Canon S3IS...

observ2.jpg

bridge.jpg

pent2.jpg

enzo2.jpg

...and a macro shot of a strawberry I took today...

staw.jpg

Hello all,
Just returned from a week at Cape Cod and thought I would share a few pictures.
So lets get started:

- This is actually me, if any of you have ever wondered about the face behind the name:
[
IMGP3841E2.jpg

Enjoy
Bob

Really like this female eye shot! :D

Though I could not help but notice a bit of noise in the sea on one of the shots. :(

This one:

IMGP3935E23.jpg

EDIT:

IMG_00172.jpg

3650684001_8869687845_b.jpg

Speaking purely from a photo composition aspect :rolleyes: I think this is a great picture
3650685665_08417ee111_b.jpg

Nice work dalarev I see you're getting the hang of the FZ28 macro

Thanks, though if you're talking about this picture, I didn't use the macro setting.

Shutter priority, ISO 200. Could've probably gone 100 sensitivity, noise is definitely noticeable on a good monitor.

I was talking about the Green Spider EDIT: which I see now is not yours oops sorry

Nikon D90 user here, looking for my first macro lens, what would be a good starter macro?

Nikon D90 user here, looking for my first macro lens, what would be a good starter macro?

Tamron 90mm is what I'm using (some of my macro images are in this thread from earlier this year somewhere) - I've been very happy w/ this lens, one of my favorites I own. Or for twice the price (ok, maybe not quite twice) you can get the Nikkor 105mm which has significantly better build quality and debatably equal optics.

As far as other third-party lenses go, I wouldn't know. I'd say get the Tamron and go from there - you will like it.

Last edited:
Speaking of fun w/ macro, I just happened to spot this little guy camping outside my front door-step this evening on my way in; couldn't resist snapping a few of him.

This is the 90mm mostly un-cropped (just took a little of the white off the very bottom), was still not actually quite at 1:1 for this shot.
spider-1.jpg

Here's a couple cropped down more to show off the creepy-crawly detail.
spider-2.jpg

spider-3.jpg

Last edited:
can we have some pics of cities and people... and not ANIMALS and VEGETATION!!! please.

Take the pictures and post them....

3483004124_4b29a50fe7_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D50 Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/2000) Aperture:f/2.0 Focal Length: 50 mm
Exposure:0.00 ISO Speed: 200

Back