A Real semi-decent PHENOM2 review..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that you missed this post.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=P2
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=PII

Can we end this stupid "what CPU deserves this abreviation" discussion now? It is not even a trademark nor it will be.

I want more PII reviews, I can't wait for the P2 to come out because PII would at least drive the C2Q price down. That is a good thing for consumer. AMD should bring out the P2 soon. :D

No I saw the post, and had you bothered to check the links that google finds for "P2" the 7th one down leads to wikipedia and the 4th suggestion on wiki is: "Intel Pentium II 6th generation central processing unit". You sir are fail.

I guess that I'm not on the same internet as yours ;)

From wiki:
P2, P02 or P-2 might refer to several subjects

Btw I think that it is better to stick to the AMD P2 or PII discussion :p

Your on the right page, right under that where it says "Technology". There are these things called "links", they take you to "articles" and the fifth article in that list says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2 said:
P2 (storage media), a "Professional Plug-in" solid state data storage technology employed by Panasonic
DSC-P2, a Sony Cyber-shot P series camera model
Honda P2, a 1996 Honda P series of robots, an ASIMO predecessor
Samsung P2, a 2007 flash memory based Yepp portable media player
[size=+2]Intel Pentium II 6th generation central processing unit [/size]
Intel 80286 2nd generation processor architecture

I know there is no possible way that your being a stubborn prick on accident. All your posts seem to suggest that you prefer to argue over reason.

Your on the right page, right under that where it says "Technology". There are these things called "links", they take you to "articles" and the fifth article in that list says:

I know there is no possible way that your being a stubborn prick on accident. All your posts seem to suggest that you prefer to argue over reason.

oh will you shut it already, we are discussing Phenom 2 and you know it, and here you are starting shit and isnt necessary. just stop posting and wasting peoples time

...and what are you trying to show? That P2 is a short form of Pentium 2? We knew that already.

I don't get what's so terribly wrong about that short form. Who gives a crap about Pentium 2 these days anyway.

My bad, I got waaayyy off topic. That dude really got under my skin, just can't stand people who demand attention by being extremly disruptive. True we all would like to see more Phenom2 benches and then the topic got turned into an abreviation slug fest. The whole P2 debacle was just the bait he needed to start a flame war, and I bit. Check out some of his other posts you'll see what I mean. :rolleyes:

On topic, how long does everyone think it will take for a new SLI chipset to come out for the AM3 Phenom 2's? :cool:

I am, should be a nice upgrade over my X2 at 3.1 :)

For sure, my Opteron 165 is starting to show its age in certain games (i.e. Fallout 3). I'm looking forward to getting a good boost out of a PII :)

When will AM3 PII come out? Waiting for the AM3 PII is not a bad idea, it will work on both AM2+ mobos and AM3 mobos. It should also reach a higher OC too since the process would be more mature over time. I hope that there will be some unlocked AM3 P2 too.

The first few rounds of AM3 chips will all have locked multipliers. Not thats a bad thing, but for overall o/c experience the Phenom 2 940 will probably be the best bet for most of us.

30b.jpg

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/76417/Phenom_II_Final_Nomenclature_and_Launch-Schedule_Revealed.html

Yeah, i'm still deciding on whether to go AM2+ PII or AM3 PII. I have to upgrade from s939, so i'll need the whole kit and kaboodle. It looks like AM2+ will be a cheaper option as the price of DDR2 is practically a give away. Either way, it's going to be P2! Haven't decided on which Radeon to get yet, maybe i'll match my P2 up with the 790gx for now. A PII with a solid IGP sounds like a pretty good option for now. :D

I'm right there with ya waffles, my s939 is a little long in the tooth. Thinking i'm going with an AM2+ Phenom 2 940. Just have to decide on the right motherboard, would love to keep my SLI 8800GT's but that sb750 is very tempting for us overclockers...

I'm right there with ya waffles, my s939 is a little long in the tooth. Thinking i'm going with an AM2+ Phenom 2 940. Just have to decide on the right motherboard, would love to keep my SLI 8800GT's but that sb750 is very tempting for us overclockers...

Just ditch the 8800GTs and get a 4870 1GB :)

Yeah, i'm still deciding on whether to go AM2+ PII or AM3 PII. I have to upgrade from s939, so i'll need the whole kit and kaboodle. It looks like AM2+ will be a cheaper option as the price of DDR2 is practically a give away. Either way, it's going to be P2! Haven't decided on which Radeon to get yet, maybe i'll match my P2 up with the 790gx for now. A PII with a solid IGP sounds like a pretty good option for now. :D

Waiting a month to get a PII that will support both DDR2 and DDR3 is a no brainer for me but the locked multiplier on the AM3 PII is killing the deal. :(

can someone PLEASEEEEE clean the topic from the off topic for Pentium II?

whats wrong with you guy's.

Make a thread.

I've seen a few results around the web with HT hitting near 300mhz, if that's representative of what we can expect with PII, it should OC pretty good anyway. At least it would be good enough for me. Regarding vid card, does anyone know if the onboard 3200 would give a similar gaming experience to my tired old X800?

From what I've seen, its one of the best IGP's made. Though thats not saying allot, I saw a screenshot of the "windows experience index" and it was rated 3.8 if that really means anything.

*edit*
I see no 945 there:confused:

Did you click the link? Its right there in the "Fusion at Play" screen. 3Q09 :rolleyes:

From what I've seen, its one of the best IGP's made. Though thats not saying allot, I saw a screenshot of the "windows experience index" and it was rated 3.8 if that really means anything.

*edit*

Did you click the link? Its right there in the "Fusion at Play" screen. 3Q09 :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that, but I was kinda hoping it would be released in Q2;)

Waiting a month to get a PII that will support both DDR2 and DDR3 is a no brainer for me but the locked multiplier on the AM3 PII is killing the deal. :(

Not sure what you mean by this?
Oh you mean buy a P2-AM3 to put in a AM2+ MB w/DDR2, then later build a new system with an AM3 MB and DDR3 and use the same chip?

Not sure what you mean by this?
Oh you mean buy a P2-AM3 to put in a AM2+ MB w/DDR2, then later build a new system with an AM3 MB and DDR3 and use the same chip?

That seems like awful a lot of trouble. I'll probably just stick with a AM2+ PII :p

FPS = Frames Per Second ~or~ First Person Shooter

AMA = American Medical Association ~or~ American Motorcycle Association

WWF = World Wrestling Federation ~or~ World Wildlife Fund

GROW UP AND GET OVER IT ALREADY...!!! :mad:

AM3 with DDR2 seems like an attractive option to me for a server system. Fast enough CPU with gobs of cheap DDR2 RAM :)

Never. Phenom 2 = Phenom 2
Pentium 2 will always be P2 or PII.

Fine with you. Don't be confused when you start reading about all the P2(Pentium 2) reviews coming out in the next couple of weeks. AMD is coming out with a new P2(Pentium 2). You excited..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back