ABIT closes down for good

Will they still honor RMA's on their mobos?

Yes and no. They have been as recently as about a month ago, but they didn't have any new stock so they were waiting on certain boards to come in and were offering different boards in return.

I have no idea how long that will last though, so if you need to RMA an Abit board, I'd do it soon.

As I've said before, the ABIT most of us new and loved died a very long time ago. When ABIT became abit, they were pretty much done. They still had a couple of solid products, but it was clear to me they'd never return to glory.

Yeah, they kind of fell downhill hard. I always did a ping-pong motion with abit and asus alternating on my builds.

I started with a BX6 v2 with a clocked C300a that I used as a personal box, then I deployed it at my old job as a file server. Still running to this day! I ping ponged to an Asus CUSL2. Then I ping ponged back to abit to an NFS7 v2 that I'm running right now. Great board!

I deployed a ASUS A8N and then KN8 at my job. They still run great to this day. I'm looking to upgrade this box that I'm using, but I don't run anything heavy duty anymore. Surprisingly, this box runs fine for being 5+ years old. I've been thinking about trying an Asus this time or a new manufacture this time around.

That was when they were leaving the mobo business.

However in this case it is everything. :(
Nope, the article talks about abit closing completely:
Taiwan-based motherboard manufacturer Abit will be closed down by owner Universal Scientific Industrial (USI) on December 31, according to tech site TweakTown.

R.I.P. ABIT. My NF7-S Rev2 is still going strong.

Abit was a really good company at their peak. Never thought they were going to go out of business though.

bought and resold an NF7-S for a profit. never used it though, my A7N8X was plenty good.

my only other abit experience was an IX38 QuadGT and was a nightmare.

All users of the ax78 board have a beta bios 14 for the phenom 2 cpu's. I wonder if we will get a final or if the 14 beta will be all we get ?
I love this board an was hoping to get at least the final...
Is anyone running this board with the am2+/am3 cpu with beta bios 14....
we know it will run the 920 and 940 but dont know if the 95wt am2+/am3 or at least i dont if it will....

I still have my dual celeron Abit BP6 mobo... that was quite the board, at the time... Now it's just a piece of history. Still works, I think... haven't bothered to dust it off and boot it up though.

No love for the IC-7 and IS-7 boards?

I had an IC-7 and I thought it was great, The CPU sucked total ass, but the motherboard rocked, I saw big jumps in performance going from the gigabyte.

I kept looking for good ABIT boards after that but they never really had anything that was what I wanted. I woulda bought them if they had what I needed.

RIP ABIT.

I have had nothing but positive things to say about my IX38 QuadGT. I started with a IN9-32X which was also a pretty good board, it's only problem was the nvidia 680i chipset. :( That thing would crash every time SLI was running due to heat problems. :( Later It burned out, I RMA'ed it and I got a quadGT back. It had a great BIOS to...

That's sad, I heard from many people that their P35 boards were great OC'ers. If I went to the Intel route, that would have been my board of choice.

I have had nothing but positive things to say about my IX38 QuadGT. I started with a IN9-32X which was also a pretty good board, it's only problem was the nvidia 680i chipset. :( That thing would crash every time SLI was running due to heat problems. :( Later It burned out, I RMA'ed it and I got a quadGT back. It had a great BIOS to...

I miss my QuadGT. I have one in a downstairs computer too, but A-Bit's softmenu is easily the easiest way to overclock a CPU to date.

Abit! You left me even before I had a chance to know ya! Kinda figures they are gone now with the way my luck goes. I am now just getting around to building my rig using an IP35-E that I got from Newegg last March! Can someone out here help me with hot flashing my Bios chip?? I wanna install an E8400 EO revision and I know I am going to need to have bios 18 in order for it to boot. I bet my board probably has bios 15 since it's about a year old. Anyway if anyone can help please PM me and BYE ABIT !

Back