ABit IP35 Pro hangs at code 52 during post - fixed...

LanceDiamond

Limp Gawd
Maybe this will help someone else - I know I thought I'd really hosed something...

I've just spent the last day tracking down a problem I thought I'd introduced by jabbing my motherboard with a screwdriver. After replacing the motherboard and memory and having the same issue, I found this thread on the Abit forums:

http://forum.uabit.com/showthread.php?t=137793

The issue seems to be with an IOGear GSC1764 DVI switchbox you may get a delay during post where the readout on the motherboard hangs at code 52. If you wait long enough, the post process continues. When this happens, on the post screen you'll see part of the "Memory Testing" message displayed like "Memor" and then everything just freezes. It looks like the system is just not going to boot at this point but if you wait a while, it boots and works fine.

I asked the OP of that thread to see if having his keyboard not plugged in through the switch fixes it as it did in my case. You can also unplug some other USB devices to fix it apparently (what the OP of that thread @ Abit was doing - and thank goodness he posted about it so I could find it and figure out I had the same issue with the same switchbox.)

Thanks, this was buggin me. After adding my 9800gx2, I added the second monitor to my KVM unit to use the second GPU for Folding. Started having issues with boot. Code 52. Went away when I unplugged the USB plug.

Back