Abit P35 Pro Beta Bios R09, E8400, and temps

Gazoo

Gawd
Okay...

I flashed to the R09 beta BIOS release (recent)... and my temps are reporting a bit better.

I just did a minor OC to 3.6ghz, using a Tuniq and the thermal paste that came with it... under load it's showing up as 70C (both HWmonitor and CoreTemp), but under uGuru says 52/53...

Not sure which is correct, could be any at this point cause I think the stock Tuniq TX-1 paste is garbage, however, 52 degrees under load at 3.6ghz for this chip regardless of paste doesn't sound far off other people's temps.

One problem I can possibly see, is check your uGuru EQ or whatever's fan control thing, the load CPU temp could be too high and the fans might not spin up fully under load enough to cool your system.

But it's no where near as bad as B14.

Don't flash within windows, need to use floppy or the old USB method.

I agree the uGuru utility is way off. I use coretemp myself with this board and it reports higher temps then uGuru, but I would rather take higher and be more conservative, then think I am lower and burn out the CPU. If you don't mind me asking, what you are your bios settings? As I have found there are so many different ways to get up to 3.6 gig, but some ways are harder on the system then others..ie too much voltage to the wrong area

i believe uguru is reporting socket temp not core temp. regardless even with the beta 9 bios i still see socket temp of 0 degrees occasionally. this is with a c2d e6750.

Back