Abit QuadGT Overclocking Thread (56k Warning)

Techie87

n00b
Hello all,

Yesterday I got my quadGT back from RMA (my first one had a corrupt bios on delivery). First I took some pictures.

DSCN1188.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1205.jpg

DSCN1206.jpg

Yesterday I started to find the max fsb of this board. At this moment it's 450FSB.

quadGT450fsb.jpg

Today, finding the max fsb continues.

It looks like you spent some money on the parts. But I do have to question why you stayed with the stock cpu cooler? I dont use stock coolers even if im not overclocking just for the added coolin'.

It looks like you spent some money on the parts. But I do have to question why you stayed with the stock cpu cooler? I dont use stock coolers even if im not overclocking just for the added coolin'.

A Conroe can easily do 3.0ghz on the stock cooler (within temp specifications). This defeats buying another cooler for some (although I ended up buying a Freezer 7 Pro myself).

Nice~
Have a same board, and can't be happier ATM...
Got a question..
Are those Corsair RAMs Micron D9xxx Chip inside? Or Promos?

A Conroe can easily do 3.0ghz on the stock cooler (within temp specifications). This defeats buying another cooler for some (although I ended up buying a Freezer 7 Pro myself).

That is true, but when you have spent that much money on parts, 35-65 for a good cooler doesnt seem like much. The stock cooler is good for a cheap budget build, but yeah like you said, for some they might want it. hehe :eek:

I have other air coolers here, but for fsb testing this cooler suits my needs. I can do 3.0 Ghz @ 1.25v so the temps stay very low.

Nice~
Have a same board, and can't be happier ATM...
Got a question..
Are those Corsair RAMs Micron D9xxx Chip inside? Or Promos?

The corsair mem has promos ic's (unluckely). When i got my first package, it was rev 1.2, so it had micron ic's. But one of the sticks was doa. So i returned them to the store, and i got rev 2.1 instead (promos). But i've ordered some crucial ballistix PC2-8500 mems to replace them ;)

510 FSB :

quadGT510fsb-1.jpg

510Mhz~! Sweet...

By the way, thanks for confirm your memory chip... I made a similar route. I made misguided promo corsair, but now I got them replaced by Crucial... They are darn good...

510Mhz~! Sweet...

By the way, thanks for confirm your memory chip... I made a similar route. I made misguided promo corsair, but now I got them replaced by Crucial... They are darn good...

No problem. I removed the heatspreaders just to make sure it was proMOS, and it was :mad: Soon we'll have some ballistix action here.

500FSB stability test:
CPU @ 3000MHz - 1.25v - Intel Stock Cooler

2007-07-03-09h35-CPU1.png

2007-07-03-09h35-CPU2.png

2007-07-03-09h35-VCore.png

2007-07-03-09h35-System.png

Btw rybeck: how is your quadGT doing?

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any hissing from the heat pipes on this board when overclocking it?

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any hissing from the heat pipes on this board when overclocking it?

Nope. Anyway i'm going to put some custom cooling on the mainbord soon. I was thinking of the following:

- Thermalright HR-09 for mosfets (I know this cooler doesn't fit, but I'll mod it ;) )
- Thermalright HR-05 SLi for northbridge
- Thermalright HR-07 for mems (my new team-extreem memory has this headspreader from factory)

grtz,

Techie

Back