Acer AspireRevo- ION is here!

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/07/acer-launches-first-nvidia-ion-based-nettop-aspirerevo/
AspireRevo is debuting today alongside a plethora of other Acer wares, boasting a 1.6GHz Intel Atom 230 processor, up to 4GB of RAM, up to 250GB of HDD space, a 4-in-1 card reader, HDMI / VGA outputs, gigabit Ethernet, six USB 2.0 sockets, audio in / out, Windows Vista Home Premium / Basic and a svelte black and white enclosure that measures just 7.1- x 7.1- x 1.2-inches
I'd hoped for the 330 variant instead of the Atom 230 that they put in, but I'm sure it'll follow. It's also a little bit bigger than the original prototype, as 7 inches to a side puts it squarely into ITX territory. Again, it's still puny by any measure. I'm not complaining. :D

I think it's a bit too large, especially considering what they originally advertised for ION. Stepping into ITX territory isn't a great thing to be doing. Sure the ION is thinner, but for people who really wanted an ION PC like the prototype, how attractive is the newer, larger version going to be?

It looks great, agree should have went with the Atom 330. Intel started production on the 2Ghz Atoms recently as well right, so we may be seeing dual 2Ghz Atoms... that would a killer system for what it is.

Back