Active Displayport to DVI single-link adapter for under $30

It has been posted before at least once (to a thread I posted about ATi/nVidia cards not behaving together). Newegg also has a powercooler branded one for the same price.

A few days ago I saw one on amazon from some company I'd never heard of that claimed to be an active adapter despite only being priced as $15. Seemed too good to be true and since I wasn't able to find it today I suspect it's either been yanked or corrected to passive...

the product photo clearly says "active displayport to DVI," and recent feedback states that it works for eyefinity. i'd say this is legit. i'm going to buy one to see if it will solve my flickering issue with my current $100 adapter from dell. thanks OP

AFAIK these are officially tested by AMD to work for Eyefinity. But they are not Dual-Link DVI so if you want to use 2560x1600 resolution you will still need the Accell 80$ active dual-link DVI adapter. If your monitor doesn't have Display Port of course.

Hes on a 30" panel, thus it requires a dual link DVI connection to display its full res.
That shouldn't matter. His other 2 monitors are 20's. Put the 30 and one 20 on the DVI's, and the 2nd 20 on the singlelink DP-DVI connector. That's what I'll be doing as soon as mine gets here.

Any reports yet on whether this fixes the multi-monitor flickering or not?

I had no flickering up to 10.3 but it slowly went downhill from there:(

No more flickering.
Eyefinity’s New $30 active DP to DVI adapter
The LCD setup is MickeyMouse, but there is not a hint of any flickering even across "mismatched" LCDs. Eyefinity is great and i plan to upgrade my LCDs to all 24". It is different than playing on my single 2560x1600 30" display. Set up a racing wheel for GRID or DiRT 2 and the immersion is better at 5400x1060 across 6 feet of screen.

That shouldn't matter. His other 2 monitors are 20's. Put the 30 and one 20 on the DVI's, and the 2nd 20 on the singlelink DP-DVI connector. That's what I'll be doing as soon as mine gets here.

Im planning on buying 2 more 30"s

got the adapter today - installed and running for 6 hours and still not one flicker. :)

this may just be the solution for those running up to 1920x1200.

still no flickering. i am almost certain that this adapter fixed my flickering DP issue! :D

one last update - still no flickering. this adapter fixed the problem. OP - i owe you a beer. :cool:

It looks a lot smaller than the Accel adapter. That's good because I have a Silverstone Fortress 2 with the rotated motherboard, and my current adapter takes up a lot of room in the motherboard connector area.

I don't have flickering issues, but sometimes when I change between profiles or start up a game the monitor on the adapter gets a resolution out of range error and I have to cycle it off and on.

For $27, I think it's worth the space savings and the chance at fixing my out of range error.

just got it today, will test it out tomorrow w/ my setup

tested it out, and everything works perfectly...plug n play

Last edited:
It looks a lot smaller than the Accel adapter. That's good because I have a Silverstone Fortress 2 with the rotated motherboard, and my current adapter takes up a lot of room in the motherboard connector area.

I don't have flickering issues, but sometimes when I change between profiles or start up a game the monitor on the adapter gets a resolution out of range error and I have to cycle it off and on.

For $27, I think it's worth the space savings and the chance at fixing my out of range error.

very good point i hadn't considered, as i use the FT02 case too.

but still need to be able to buy it in the UK............

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-005B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZX0

got the above Accell Active DP->singlelink DVI... currently only one LCD (1680x1050) hooked up to xfx 5770 using adapter(5770->DP->DPtoDVI->DVI->monitor), no problems so far, will see when my 2 other monitors come in some time this week

and it looks like the "ATI Eyefinity Multi-display Validated" logo is a sticker pasted on top of the clamshell box... not bad

EDIT: i guess a nitpick thing would be from BIOS->GRUB, there is that screen flash... with the dongle, it takes a little longer for grub to show up (probably due to the fact that it takes some time to cycle from on->off->on and convert the image)... other than that, no problems

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the DP to VGA HP adapter under $30 , this works 100% with 3 1920*1200 24 inch monitors (Samsung *2 and a Dell).

Back