Alan Wake humble bundle sale

Sweet just ordered it. I have played AW a bit in the past on my roomates xbox, it seemed pretty good. I just hope it isn't a shit console port. But I do love HB so.

EDIT: These also have Steam keys, which to me is a plus.

My only real complaint is the camera angle. No way to change the default and it isn't centered. Makes me crane my neck a bit. Uncomfortable.

Sweet just ordered it. I have played AW a bit in the past on my roomates xbox, it seemed pretty good. I just hope it isn't a shit console port. But I do love HB so.

EDIT: These also have Steam keys, which to me is a plus.

1. AW is a fucking awesome game.
2. The console version is so goddamn good that you'd be lucky to get that ported as is to your PC.

3. I bought both of these tonight, and started playing American Nightmare. So far I think I like it even more than AW.

Somewhere there is someone reading this post wondering if they should bother spending 5 minutes of their life looking into the games now. That ends two ways..they either do it, get the game and understand what I'm talking about or make yet another excuse for passing on a game b/c of reason #1003 and miss out on one of the best games to come out in the past few years.

The original AW game was described as a Psychological Thriller... and its just that. Its not a survival horror, its not trying to be. What it is is something that isn't really out there. Its episodic, its more like a Steven King + Twilight Zone story mashed up with Max Payne action, taking place in Twin Peaks.

Its borderline goddamn genius is what it is and its a travesty there are people out there who have not played it.

Yeah it really is a great game. I am actually blown away by the atmosphere and the constant fear of impending DOOOOOOOM.

Also nice to see that it is a great port. It's like it was made for the PC.

I haven't played it but it looks decent, so I donated some money.

The original AW game was described as a Psychological Thriller... and its just that. Its not a survival horror, its not trying to be. What it is is something that isn't really out there. Its episodic, its more like a Steven King + Twilight Zone story mashed up with Max Payne action, taking place in Twin Peaks.

Shame Deadly Premonition isn't on PC. As much as I enjoyed A. Wake, I liked that more. It's as close to a Twin Peaks game we'll ever see. Controls like a Dreamcast title but man was it fun.

AW is on my all-time favorite games list. The "expansion" was just ok at best, IMO anyway. I didn't like the repetitive nature of having to go back in time like 3 times and replay the same shit. It's cool in theory, but boring as hell in practice. Combat as always, is just awesome.

these games can be downloaded DRM free, requiring no internet-activation/registration upon installation, like GOG?

Steven King + Twilight Zone story mashed up with Max Payne action, taking place in Twin Peaks.

I just watched, and really enjoyed, twin peaks (series and movie), so you've sold me with this description :p

As I recall people were disappointed in how the game turned out, based on initial concepts. Wasn't it suppose to be more open-world, or something? Anyways, I've been interested in checking it out for a while now, so this was a good opportunity.

I also never really knew about humble bundle, so thanks for getting me hooked into it :)

I just watched, and really enjoyed, twin peaks (series and movie), so you've sold me with this description :p

As I recall people were disappointed in how the game turned out, based on initial concepts. Wasn't it suppose to be more open-world, or something? Anyways, I've been interested in checking it out for a while now, so this was a good opportunity.

I also never really knew about humble bundle, so thanks for getting me hooked into it :)

If you got a 360 or PS3 check out Deadly Premonition. It is very Twin Peaks :p

I'm going to check this out. Looked really sweet when it came out but it was console only and I've been distracted with other stuff.

I played through American Nightmare recently and I think it's significantly easier than the primary Alan Wake game. American Nightmare is basically a spin-off of Alan Wake; there are references to the original game but it's not supposed to be seen as a sequel or something directly related to the game.

When you play Alan Wake, you're supposed to play the primary game first and then the two DLCs after because they continue the story a bit.

I liked the audio in these games. It was really well done and if you have a loud setup it sounds great.

I liked the audio in these games. It was really well done and if you have a loud setup it sounds great.

Agreed. I played through the whole first game by myself on a nice 5.1 home theater system while the wife was away on a business trip and got creeped the fuck out a bunch of times lol.

This is a good deal (basically free), though I didn't care for it. I threw it in the trash after 3 hours.

This is a good deal (basically free), though I didn't care for it. I threw it in the trash after 3 hours.

If you had to spend money to get it then it wasn't basically free - it cost money. Basically free means it cost 0.0 money.

I donated some money too, currently playing it on steam, and I agree with the other poster, reminds me of stephen king and twin peaks as well.

I picked this up for American Nightmare. I already had Alan Wake since it was released and just now got around to playing it. Took me a little while to get into it, but am really digging it now. The enemies are repetitive, but the story and atmosphere are top fucking notch!

Love the series! Allen wake and max payne are my two favorite series. If you have not played and like 3rd person games you will not be disappointed

Alan Wake has it's moments... however, some of the "fights" are ridiculous, taking over 10 times to complete... very monotonous. Also, cannot comment about xbox, but on PC the controls are clunky.

However, those are the bad there is plenty of good. I get the feeling they could have done so much more with this game... even though it's on rails, there's TONS of empty space to walk around in with nothing to do.

Alan Wake has it's moments... however, some of the "fights" are ridiculous, taking over 10 times to complete... very monotonous. Also, cannot comment about xbox, but on PC the controls are clunky.

However, those are the bad there is plenty of good. I get the feeling they could have done so much more with this game... even though it's on rails, there's TONS of empty space to walk around in with nothing to do.

Are you using a controller or a keyboard though? Some games were meant to be played with a controller.

you do know you can run in some of those spots and avoid some of the fighting. and I completely disagree about the controls as this game played perfect for me on mouse and kb as well as the 360 controller.

Anyone know steps to male a ps3 controller work for this game?

Run from enemies? Huh? ... you figure you got like 10 seconds..... but no, thrown axe hits instantly, then perma stun as you turn around and 4 enemies are already on you..... oh those moments were a blast. I cound NEVER run... they are on you so fast no matter how far away they appear to be at first. Also as mentioned LOVED the numerous perma stun encounters. (sarcasm)

I was on mouse/KB. Yes the game was okay and worth the sub $5 I paid. A little drawn out near the end... baddies, flashlight, shoot, rinse/repeat. I liked the NPCs, and the setting was nice.

The ending was ass though... however, I will say that this is one game where that didn't necessarily bother me, as this game was more about the journey. Good game that easily could have been great. Definately worth picking up at this price.

Anyone know steps to male a ps3 controller work for this game?

I did not use it, but you could try motioninjoy. In hindsight, a controller for this game is probably the way to go.

There is also steam sale on it. For full pack - AW collector's edition and American Nightmare I just paid about 4 euro :)

Back