AM2 4200+ X2 overclocking question

kirk121

Limp Gawd
I am wondering how the AM2 4200 65watt overclock's, I am planing to get the

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition for a motherboard

Mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) with EPP Profile Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory with 4-5-4-11 timings.

With the motherboard + Processor I cant afford to get any better memory for now:(

And I cant wait until prices drop because the current motherboard I have for my 3800 X2 has damage to its voltage regulators ( I should say that it is the resisters after the voltage regulators), 1-2 of them have turned black.

The one I am sure is smoked is below the one that I am not sure if it is dead yet. And I dont want to pey up to $300 for a new 939 motherboard, and I dont want a used from ebay.

So I dont have the time to wait for more money or price drops

If it's a Brisbane you should be able to get close to 3.0 Ghz with decent cooling.

It is the winsor, is that any good?

i don't think the windsors are 65nm

but i maybe wrong, 65nm cores are much better overclockers so if it isn't and u haven't bought it then look for a 65nm part.

Mac[X-D];1031513846 said:
i don't think the windsors are 65nm

but i maybe wrong, 65nm cores are much better overclockers so if it isn't and u haven't bought it then look for a 65nm part.

no it is not a 65nm it is a 65 watt

Ok so I finally got my AM2 4200 65watt processor, ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Motherboard, and Mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400).

But wow does this motherboard have some mad settings for memory and other things, I was wondering if people with this motherboard could help me by posting your overclocks and your memory settings. Please

Or if you know of a review that shows the same things.

There is just so much crap I have no idea what half of it does for the memory settings.:eek:

And Thanks for the help

Back