Amazing Tech Demo in 64Kilobytes.

oVerCaffeinated said:
I'm guessing it's using all the DirectX resources like that 100Kb Kkrieger game.

The video quality isn't as good as .kkrieger, but it's still pretty good for its filesize. Plus it doesn't have the loadtime that .kkrieger has.

Neat I havent seen this one in years. Real time raytracing is a pretty neat trick, perhaps someday we will get their a drop the 3d accelerators. If you want to see a spectacular demo done in 64k check out Zoom3: http://scene.org/file.php?id=197243 bring your pixel and vertex shaders though.

haha, my poor laptop with its Radeon mobility 7 died (locked up) trying to play the second one (no pipelines for the third). . .

*sigh* can't wait to get a real machine again. . .

Yes, those demos are definitly impressive, I wander how long it took them to make them?

Brent_Justice said:
Procedural everything

run task manager when its running and you will see the memory footprint when its uncompressed

And also, particularly in this demo, most of the objects are spherical which can be easily produced by a couple of simple math equations. The rest of the data goes to highly compressable textures, music & music subroutine (prolly similar to 'mod-trackers') , and the graphics 'engine' itself.

Still impressive tho that they can pack everything up in 64k.

"Wow, you mean not every teenage guy who spends all his time behind his computer is playing games?"

See www.pouet.net for a huge archive of demos, with screenshots, comments, votes, popularity ratings etc.

PS: Shameless plug: be sure to check out Croissant 9 by Bohemiq aswell ;)

Back