AMD Eyefinity: 7680x3200!

What is relevant in this forum, though, is what kind of monitors are best for multi-monitor applications.

For example, how much does the limited viewing angles - particularly in the vertical - of TN panels interfere with monitor walls like we see in the article? They're using 6 30" IPS monitors; would 6 24" TN panels look significantly worse than 6 24" IPS monitors?

Another example: the 22" e-IPS Dell 2209WA can be had for well under $300 (when they are available), so you could conceivably build a wall of 6 for under $1500. Is this something you would actually want to do, or would the white glow that some complain about make it look bad? Would it look better than an array of 6 TN panels anyway?

What I never liked about such multi-monitor setups is that I hate the bezels splitting the picture in pieces... It's like super-screendoor effect. Moreover, the increase in resolution is huge, but irrelevant cause you will have to step back a bit and it will be inconceivable by the human eye... On the other hand it will be pretty conceivable by your hardware :p So the performance will suffer.
I see a 1080p projector as a much better investment for such purposes.

Now the only arena in which this is very good, is for proffesionals, that can really use the extra work space of such huge resolutions, plus their static work wont affect much performance...

Back