Amplifier problems

Redhawk463

n00b
Hello i have an amplifier i use for my PC, (From the front of the unit: Quarts Digital Sythesizer, Technics FM/MW/LW Stereo Receiver SA-313L)

http://static.flickr.com/2316/2086682747_5c2cd2594c.jpg
(Bottom one)

The speakers connect to it with wire that you push in then lock them in by twisting the nob. The problem is that the sometimes the speakers will give out the sound all fuzzy, aometime onluy one will do it and the other is fine and the switch around with each other one day its the left one next its the right etc, does anybody know what could be causing this

Thanks.

There are so many audio forums on the internet.... you signed up with a enthusiast PC forum to ask this:

"The problem is that the sometimes the speakers will give out the sound all fuzzy, aometime onluy one will do it and the other is fine and the switch around with each other one day its the left one next its the right etc, does anybody know what could be causing this"

? what

That is a receiver, not an amplifier. It has an integrated tuner, an equalizer, and a bunch of other shit you don't need... but that's beside the point. Just good to use the proper term.

Looks like 35/40 watts per channel, nothing special. Technics though, so not complete trash.1980/81 design though, so pretty much bottom of the barrel. Still better than some modern options I'm sure.

As for the actual issue you've complained of, it's a 32+ year old piece of electronics. Likely it's a combination of dirty contacts and failing components. If we were talking about something truly classic like the Pioneer SX-12xx series receivers of the mid to late 70s I'd recommend repairing it, but for a poorly designed 40 watt-per-channel Technics receiver from the 80s, I'd say let it die and get something more modern to replace it. Repairs will certainly cost more than it's worth, unless you're willing to do them yourself.

Best place to ask questions like this is audiokarma, really helpful people there, very enthusiastic about vintage gear.

with the age of that it most likely has capacitors,and other components starting to break down.

Back