an FX55 is still worth $960?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought one when money was flowing in and it was the top dog @ the time, but since its time to upgrade I'm wondering what a person would sell this for. up here I still see it posted for $960 but I'm sure that's just not updated or among other things

one can start thinking of all sorts of rebuttles but I'd be interested to see what opions here will be. how much do I sell it for?

cheers!

Yowch, I know how you feel when I was trying to gauge how much I could get for a VoodooII 12Meg around `99. I decided selling it wasn't worth the hassle.

You could ask 100-120$ for it and probably get a buyer...

Maybe 150 if you can demonstrate it overclocks to some nice level, 2.8-3.0 or so.

G'ßöö said:
I bought one when money was flowing in and it was the top dog @ the time, but since its time to upgrade I'm wondering what a person would sell this for. up here I still see it posted for $960 but I'm sure that's just not updated or among other things

one can start thinking of all sorts of rebuttles but I'd be interested to see what opions here will be. how much do I sell it for?

cheers!

Slap ncix for either price gouging or plain stupid mistake !! It happened a few times actually with outdated items...

I'll trade you my soon-to-be ex-wife for it. She doesn't work, cook, clean or give a bj...................but then neither does the fx-55.

SpoogeMonkey said:
I'll trade you my soon-to-be ex-wife for it. She doesn't work, cook, clean or give a bj...................but then neither does the fx-55.

Whats she good for then? Sheesh. If my girlfriend (soon to be wife now) lacks those qualities I don't think I could live :D

She hates my nerd side though haha.

SpoogeMonkey said:
I know how that goes.... sigh

funny thing was this cpu actually went up in price awhile ago. not too many do that. it still kicks serious ass. you guys are letting er go cheap. I let hardware got for cheap but am sure I can get 300 for it

...a chick who doesnt BJ is no chick. tell em marge

margegoesdown.gif

Brand new - 140 at New Egg. Good for you if you can find someone to pay $300 for it! Or am I missing something?

SpoogeMonkey said:
That covers everything. What does she do all day? Shop? LOL.

PinataUT said:
Brand new - 140 at New Egg. Good for you if you can find someone to pay $300 for it! Or am I missing something?
I am in canada...eh? ncix has in stock (so the site is more than likely updated for this item) A64 3200 is selling for 102$, a 3700 is 270$ ...even at 80cents on the dollar its hard to think of selling the FX for less than 200

I have a huge network of friends and not everyone does ebay or gives two shits about them so someone will take 'er. I want to combo this with my 7800GTX, 2x1G OCZ (2-3-2-5), and DFI lanparty ultraD. am thinking 700-800$

Seanmounce said:
Must be a good friend, willing to rip off someone you know.
dont twist my words
smack.gif
no one's gonna rip anyone off. kill thred mod

G'ßöö said:
I am in canada...eh? ncix has in stock (so the site is more than likely updated for this item) A64 3200 is selling for 102$, a 3700 is 270$ ...even at 80cents on the dollar its hard to think of selling the FX for less than 200

I have a huge network of friends and not everyone does ebay or gives two shits about them so someone will take 'er. I want to combo this with my 7800GTX, 2x1G OCZ (2-3-2-5), and DFI lanparty ultraD. am thinking 700-800$

700 CAD really isn't bad for all that...

RAutrey said:
I just sold one for $115 shipped.

To me :D

somehow I think USPS is starting to drag their feet, I am still waiting on a mobo I bought a 2 weeks ago and I sold a foglight on ebay couple days ago, MO was sent fedex got here today :eek: Priority Mail my A$$ :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back