An update on timeless WU.

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
http://forum.folding-community.org/portal.php?topic_id=16235

Says it all right there, timeless is no more, so if you got boxen that are set for them, you need to get them moved off. This is also a good time to maybe retire some of those machines that could only do timeless, or you can run UD on them until an announcement of more timeless WU is made.

I wish I had kept a list of the computers that I have timeless running on. It won't be until the holiday season that I can go around and check all of them. I think I have some 2.8ghz P4s running timeless, so I'm going to be losing production for a while. :(

The return dates on alot of these newer WU are months ahead...so running timeless really is null. If your PC can't complete a WU in 2 months, it is time to retire it. ;)

Wow, i won't be able to convert some of these from timeless until x-mas. They are located at my MILs place in NJ! :eek: No wonder I could never connect with timeless the last couple weeks. i need to stop by and read more often.. :(

ByteDown[H]ard said:
Wow, i won't be able to convert some of these from timeless until x-mas. They are located at my MILs place in NJ! :eek: No wonder I could never connect with timeless the last couple weeks. i need to stop by and read more often.. :(

timeless have been gone for at least a couple of months. :)

ICE_9 said:
Give me back QMDs and we will call it even.

The real question is, will the core 2 duo's pwn the QMD's more than the P4's did. I would hope yes, but you never know considering the architecture is so different.

Imitation said:
The real question is, will the core 2 duo's pwn the QMD's more than the P4's did. I would hope yes, but you never know considering the architecture is so different.

I've got some QMD's saved if someone wants to try on a C2D for kicks.

marty9876 said:
I've got some QMD's saved if someone wants to try on a C2D for kicks.
LMAO !! Who else would "save" a QMD this long ??? Hell yeah... I'll try one . Do you want me to just run a few frames or let it finish ?

RPhArrow --\\------------------->

RPhArrow said:
LMAO !! Who else would "save" a QMD this long ??? Hell yeah... I'll try one . Do you want me to just run a few frames or let it finish ?

RPhArrow --\\------------------->

YGPM. Just run a few frames and get a PPD reading.

I just got my c2d system going @3.2ghz. It folds during the day when im at work, about 7am to 7pm. I'm not sure what a QMD is but if you send me instructions i'll try it and tell ya how long it takes.

I do know that my 3.2 presHOTt here at work could do one in about 26ish hours iirc. If the core 2's can get one done in a day or less then you could put out over 900-1000PPD on one with QMD's. Wouldn't that be fun?

I think you shoudl be able to easily break 1200-1400 PPD. With 1495 series that is easy to do on the C2D if I recall correctly.

FYI on topic: VJ looking at assigning normal WU's to all the configs set for timeless. Nothing firm yet, odds are won't happen near as I can tell.

marty9876 said:
FYI on topic: VJ looking at assigning normal WU's to all the configs set for timeless. Nothing firm yet, odds are won't happen near as I can tell.
That would be good considering that getting work back slowly is better than none at all.

AtomicMoose said:
That would be good considering that getting work back slowly is better than none at all.

In the thread it's all the political correctness about sending out WU's which don't match the prescribed user config.

Frankly, my opinion is this was mis-used on a large scale. Most any machine set to normal WU's should be ok. I guess the P2 350 which is only on for 1 hour a week might be the exception but then again, would it ever finish one anyways.

marty9876 said:
In the thread it's all the political correctness about sending out WU's which don't match the prescribed user config.

Frankly, my opinion is this was mis-used on a large scale. Most any machine set to normal WU's should be ok. I guess the P2 350 which is only on for 1 hour a week might be the exception but then again, would it ever finish one anyways.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

The only ones I usually set for timeless were borgs I had no access to. Ones that I had set up on friends/family computers at like 25% usage, just so they weren't sitting there totally idle. :(

Back