Specs:
EVGA SR-2
2x X5677 Xeon 32nm 4core/8thread
6x2gb Gskill 1600 CL9
2x TRUE Rev. C
80gb SATA HDD
Galaxy 9500GT
Antec Signature 850w modular

Took my old hard drive from ex-Dual 5530 build with server2008R2.
Set the OC on first boot to 154BLCK x 26multi for 4.01GHZ. :D

OC.jpg

Already folding a 6023 with a TPF of 1:41 and good for 40740 PPD

Heres some [H]ardware Pron

IMG00003-20100908-2151.jpg

IMG00004-20100908-2157.jpg

IMG00005-20100909-2044.jpg

IMG00017-20100915-2346.jpg

Wohoooo!

Great to see another up and running. But 4.01Ghz? C'mon, unleash the beast :p

Edit: oh I just saw that you did 4 GHz on the first boot! lol that is insane. What GHz are you hoping to get out of it? I never really researched x5677s because of the $:eek:

Last edited:
Not bad, I bet you could get 4.2 stable pretty easy, that would be cool, probly 80k ona good WU
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Congrats man! I can't believe how popular these SR2's are with our team. We are using eVGA hardware to hold them back. Now if only the Xeon server chips wern't so expensive :(

At 4ghz, how are your temps doing as i've been curious about the Westmere quad cores.

Edit: I see that you are in the mid 50's at 4ghz under full load?

Incredible! Congrats and double drool for a deadly dually!! :cool:

Well there is some bad news.

I just realized that I have to rma my board :(
Its only recognizing 10gb of my ram.
Unfortunately I have narrowed it down to one of the dimm sockets. Would have been nice to have bad ram.... Never thought I would say that.

Unfortunately I have narrowed it down to one of the dimm sockets. Would have been nice to have bad ram.... Never thought I would say that.

awww man. Thats sucks. I went through problems with not all ram being recognised but it was a timings issue with all slots filled. But I was excreting bricks that it might be a bad dimm socket... I feel your pain. :(

EDIT, I also just realised that I have had this machine 7 weeks, and I have only been folding near full time this week. Sheesh, with all the RAM dramas I had, along with being flat out with work, cost the [H]orde about 4 million points :(

Last edited:

Does it not recognize all of the memory at stock speed? I would lose two dimm slots as I increased bclk. Turned out to be a memory timing issue. If it is one of the slots furthest away from the CPU socket, that might be it.

Does it not recognize all of the memory at stock speed? I would lose two dimm slots as I increased bclk. Turned out to be a memory timing issue. If it is one of the slots furthest away from the CPU socket, that might be it.

How did you tell which slots - by shuffling sticks around?

Nitro, you might want to put in the optional Floppy power for USB and Memory too... you never know.

I got the shelf at altex for 65 bones.

It doesnt recognize in that one slot even at stock speeds. There is somwthing wrong with the cpu0 pwm temp reader as well. Just gonna have amazon send me a new one

That's a bummer that you have to send it back, good thing though amazon should be easy to deal with.

I had the exact same problem. EVGA was quick to RMA, so I guess they confirmed the problem with the old board when they received it. A lot of people have mentioned this issue.

Which DIMM slot is bad? Mine was the one closest to the second CPU.

I'm sure you know this, but try and reseating the CPU.
On all three of my EVGA boards I had to do this! One board I had to RMA though.
PITA I know but....

Yea i havent done that. I will do that when i get home tonight for sure.

Back