Answering machine with removable memory

O[H]-Zone

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everybody...a friend of mine has a very specialized need, and I can't seem to find anything to fit it. He needs to be able to take the messages from an answering machine and save them as mp3's. It's possible we could do this with a modem and software, but Ideally he'd like to find an answering machine with some sort of flash card memory. His machine already has a 12-in-1 card reader, so that would make saving the messages trivial. As a second possibility, maybe a machine with a line out connection, and then he could record them. But it would be nice to skip that step. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

i dont really have an answer to this question.... but with Vonage you can get your messages sent to you via email and you download them as an mp3 (or wav? i dont remeber)

i dont really have an answer to this question.... but with Vonage you can get your messages sent to you via email and you download them as an mp3 (or wav? i dont remeber)

Actually, you get an email notification. The MP3's are are located on a secure area at vonage.com, and can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection. Outside of an older tape style of machine, I don't know of an answering device that has portable message capability. He's more likely to find something like that with a voicemail service.

Back