Antec Gallery Post Here!

Anyone got a modded Antec 300 case there wanting to show off ....

Thats the case im getting soon and wouldnt mind seeing some pictures.

Mines not modded but its an Antec 300. Cant figure out how to cable manage this thing

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

Yeah thats the case I wanna get. Im usually pretty good at hiding cables and what not but you should trying drilling holes and run the stuff threw the back.

jxaznxk,

Wow those camera pics are sooooooooo bad. Thx for making my eyes sore. lol. Do u have a digicam u could at least borrow for 5 minutes? I can barely tell what kind of case that is. I only recognize its an A300 based on the design.

Lol sorry about the quality it was my 2.0MP phone i cant find my camera right now but when i do ill repost better ones=)

for the price, antecs are def very nice
Especially cases like the Sonata & Titan range, which come with very capable PSU's for a ridiculously low price! I paid £75 for my Sonata III, which includes a 500W Earthwatts (dual 17A +12v rails). Pretty much unbeatable for the money!

soulesschild, what kind of camera did you use to take these pictures? I plan on buying a digital camera soon and I like the quality of your pics.

EDIT: I found it :D Canon EOS Digital Rebel (SLR)

Picked up an Antec Sonata II second hand but unused. The room it's in gets very hot over the summer, and the motherboard temps kept hovering in the low 40's (celcius) so since I had a spare 120mm fan I decided to bring out the Dremel and make a blowhole. Just finished 20 mins ago, and now temps are down in the low 30's (celcius), so well worth the time of stripping out everything from inside the case!! Tidied up some cabling aswell, so all three fans (one intake, two exhaust) are unobstructed.

IMGP3712.jpg

IMGP3713.jpg

IMGP3715.jpg

Since I had the case emptied out, I thought I would help the cooling of my video card too. I just cut out two sections from the HD cage which were obstructing the intake fan, and now the video card is running 5 degrees (celcius) cooler - sweet!

IMGP3714.jpg

^^ that is some pretty nice lighting. Its not uber bright, but illuminates everything. Love it!

DSC_2903.sized.jpg

vs

DSC_8424_pp.sized.jpg

... Rebuilt my temporary workstation #2 into a HTPC, and got rid of the cable mess at the same time..

Gonna put in a Xigmatek 1283 later, the Nexus cooler on there now is a total POS.

Tossed out a P5W DHD with broken audio for a P5E WS PRO I couldnt use for my fileserver because of the NEC PCI-E PCI-X bridge not being compatible with my 3ware controller.. too bad, eh?

Well, I finally got some time set aside to do a rebuild on my systems... at least one so far,

Antec Sonata III
Antec Earthwatts 500
Asus P5L-MX mATX mobo
Intel E6400 @ 2.6Ghz
Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 C4
Seagate 7200.10 250GB
Samsung DVD-RW

snip

Hey, does the Sonata III's front USB ports cause the computer to short?

Here's some meh pics of my 300 I just finished. The paint didnt come out perfect but gets the effect done. I actually built the system to hook up to my HDTV, but stuff's come up and it's not going to work out so as soon as I get my 50 posts it will be in the FS section.
http://

I guess I should have cut another hole in the back, but here is what I did with my NSK-3480. The duct is a prototype... I'm going to make a nicer looking one very soon.

Specs for this build:

- Antec New Solution NSK3480
- GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H
- AMD Phenom x3 8450 Toliman 2.1GHz
- Mushkin DDR2 800Mhz 2 x1GB 4-4-4-12
- Western Digital Scorpio 160GB 2.5" HDD

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7854.jpg

There is a Scythe Ninja 2 under the duct.
IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7836.JPG

IMG_7835.JPG

IMG_7819.jpg

IMG_7837.JPG

Looks good and very silent. Temps?

I currently have the computer <2 ft away from my ear and it's got a very small whoosh sound from air being moved. When I put in below my desk, I probably won't hear it at all.

The low #'s are idle, high is while running Prime95 until the temps topped out... I'm told "TMPIN2" is erroneous.

temps.jpg

for an Antec 900, how do you guys hide the wires so well? Do you have to cut holes on the mobo tray? I'm going to be putting a rig together in a 900. Would be nice that I could do what you guys have shown.

for an Antec 900, how do you guys hide the wires so well? Do you have to cut holes on the mobo tray? I'm going to be putting a rig together in a 900. Would be nice that I could do what you guys have shown.

The newer Antec 900 have better cable management for the motherboard tray I believe. I have the older edition (bought it when it first came out) and it has poor cable management.

The newer Antec 900 have better cable management for the motherboard tray I believe. I have the older edition (bought it when it first came out) and it has poor cable management.

cable management as in more holes? I did ordered my antec 900 like 3 days ago from Newegg, so i'm hoping its got what you're talking about =O.

Btw, are there anything else that you guys recommend that i buy in order to better organize the cables (already ordered cable ties)? Anything else :confused:?

These pics are from before I got my EVGA 8800 Ultra, but the watercooling is the same. There were some bubbles present as I was still purging the system when these pics were taken. Something Ive noticed looking back at these pics (mod is about 10 months old, Im slow at updating forums, lol) is when the coolant was new, it was very clear... now over time, you can see that its much more "thick" looking. Cooling hasnt changed, just interesting to see how much it changed over time.

after2.jpg

new_watercooled.jpg

These pics are of my mesh mod I did for the doors. As you can see I used a mesh metal file organizer for the material. Got it from walmart for about 5 bucks.

mesh.jpg

mesh_door.jpg

mesh_mount.jpg

mesh_installed.jpg

The window is smoked plexi and pretty much blacks out when the PC is off and when powered on, allows the illumination on the inside to be seen (old watercooling setup on these pics, but wanted to show the effect)

window_off.jpg

window_on.jpg

After an hour of playing Crysis on 1680 resolution, and Very High settings my temps are as followed:

CPU: 28*c @ 3.43ghz (they run around 35*c per core, and 20*c CPU at factory clock)
Core 1: 44*c
Core 2: 42*c
GPU: 75*c

I intend on adding my GPU into the loop, and will more than likely downsize the loop to 3/8" from 1/2" ID.

Very very nice. that mesh mod is pretty sweet. i never you have thought to use one of mesh paper holder things for that. And the loop looks amazing very nice job

That is very impressive. I am going to do a really nice H2O kit for my Nehalem rig this Fall in my new Antec 1200.

sry for loads of pics. but i finally got a chance to clean my comp up and add the little touches :) hope u like it

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

i used fishing line to support my heatsink

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

also did aliitle lapping on my heatsink
IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

My new Mediaserver / HTPC :

- Case: Antec 300
- Mobo: Asus P5Q-EM
- HDD: 5X 1TB WD GP HDD, 1X 160GB WD IDE
- PSU: 650W Antec
- Optical: Lite-On BD Drive
- Fans: 2X Front YL 120mm, Rear: 1X YL 140mm + 1X YL 120mm

IMG_0598.jpg

This is a spare SFF I completed for Folding (and to match my NSK4480!)

-Sorry I don't post too many pics so I don't know how to resize-

------

Here are the specs:

Antec NSK3480 Micro-ATX Case with Antec Earth Watts 380 watt PSU
(2) 100mm Scythe 1000rpm for intake
(1) Scythe 120mm 800rpm exhaust
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping
Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer CPU Cooler (Awesome AND Quiet!)
Gigabyte G31 Micro-ATX motherboard - Had for a while but never used and is new from RMA
2Gb Corsair PC2-8500
BFG 8800GT 512Mb with Arctic Cooling Accelero S2
Seagate 400Gb Serial-ATA 3.0/gbps
Sony-Optiarc 20x DVD-RW - ATA

Not a single Mini P180 in the entire thread ... Does anyone know if it accepts the HDD cage with 4 drives from regular P180? I need 4 of my RAID10 drives to sit fairly close together (with 1/2 inch gaps for airflow) ... I believe P180 cage does that, but the Mini's cage only fits 3 drives ...

Back