Antec p180 silver vs. black

Which p180?

• Total voters

winston856

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all, I want to buy the P180 and I'm going to watercool it.

I just cannot decide between the black one or the silver one! I have a black dell monitor, black keyboard and a black/silverish logitech mouse so I was leaning towards the black case but I don't know. I need your help!

There is a sale going on today so I'm thinking of buying it now. Which would you get?

Black, looks so much less like a fridge!

Seriously though, get black, oh how sexy it is!

I'd get black because it's hawt, even though I have silver.

Question though...I've heard the p180 isn't the world's greatest watercooling case due to somewhat difficult cable management....I hope you've investigated this?

Yes, I've seen worklogs of already watercooled P180s.

I have the Swiftech Apex setup, so I'll be hanging the rad out back and I'll put the pump where the top HDD cage is, so I'll be taking that out.

It's not a problem with wiring because this case does not have a window so I don't really care.

I have a new delimma!

Newegg has the Silver P180 for $105 + $23.20 shipping - $20MIR = $108.20 link

Newegg has the Black P180 for $110 + $22.82 shipping = $132.82 link

is that extra money worth it for the black case????

The silver one can look really sexy with some blue led accents in the front...

But get black... alot sleeker.

So you all think I should spend the extra ~$24 on the black case?

You're all evil :p

Actually, I'm really liking that black case..... :D

winston856 said:
So you all think I should spend the extra ~$24 on the black case?

You're all evil :p

Actually, I'm really liking that black case..... :D
Is that silver P180 you linked for the Revision 2 or Rev. B or whatever? Supposedly they made a couple tweaks.

Well I did it, I bought the silver one....

Just kidding, I just ordered the black one off newegg for a total of ~132. Hopefully be here friday but probably monday :(

sorry i dont mean to jack your thread or anything.. but can u give me a link to some of those worklogs? i was thinking about getting the same case as well but i was trying to figure out how to fit all of my watercooling stuff in it before i bought it

i like the silver, btw :)

Ya I second the links to P180 watercooling worklogs. I am working on WC setup. I know I could google it, but lazy :D

I like the silver one the best... But I can tell you the silver one gets scuffed and scratched so damned easily. I can't say if the black one is the same.

EnderW said:
The P180 is NOT a good case for watercooling.

Not exactly true.

I have a P180 with a watercooling system going through it. I am going to be redoing the system here in the coming weeks to add a second radiator and to reroute where the pipes go. But I haven't had too much of a problem with it

obviouslytom said:
Not exactly true.

I have a P180 with a watercooling system going through it. I am going to be redoing the system here in the coming weeks to add a second radiator and to reroute where the pipes go. But I haven't had too much of a problem with it
I'm not saying you can't do watercooling in a P180, but why?
It's obviously not designed for it, and I've yet to see anyone do it without it looking extremely tacky. All of the setups I've seen either:

1) Have the radiator on the outside of the case
2) Torn out one of the hard drive cages or otherwise mangled the case
3) Horrible wire/tubing managment

or usually a combination of all the above.

I'm not saying the P180 is a bad case - it's a great case for AIRCOOLING, which it was obviously designed for. If you want watercooling, why not buy a case with that in mind?

I understand where you are coming from and you are right, it is a great case for Aircooling and I find that the people who are cutting out things like the hard drive cage or more are idiots.

I did take the lower cage on mine and took off the rails for it and made a resivoir tank but always had problems getting the coolant to get to the pump, but when I did, it worked great down at the bottom.

I am trying to come up with a way to route the pipes throughout the casee, even if they have to make an extended trip somewhere and quite possibly have to get a second pump for it.

EnderW said:
The P180 is NOT a good case for watercooling.
I beg to differ. It can be a challenge but then again isnt that why we do a lot of the stuff we do here?

Back