Antec PP-412x or SP-350?

turismo29

Weaksauce
I have two psu on hand, which one should i put in my pc??

Antec PP-412x or Antec SP-350 ?

Pc spec:
ECS 755-A2 Mobo
AMD 3200 socket 754 OC to 2.5
1gb (512mb X 2) ddr266 rams (generic)
Abit Siluro ti 4600 4x AGP
320 Seagate HD (sata)
120gb Western HD (IDE)

Both of them seems to run my system stable. But I don't know which one to keep. The SP-350 has more connectors option like pci-e and 4 sata. The PP-412x has a bit more wattage and i use a connector to run the power for the sata. I know this is an old rigg but i just play a little game here and there and use it for school work. I leave my computer on all day too, i rarely turn it off. Thanks for the help :D

As long as your case has a decent airflow, the Smartpower 2.0 350 watt unit should be just fine for you. Your graphics card isn't that power-hungry (by today's standards... it was a monster back in its day), and you really don't have anything there that would really push the power supply.

Sounds like you already made your decision, but I thought I would add my 2 cents anyway.

The SP-350 is probably the better choice, as it uses a newer ATX standard and is likely still under warranty. The PP-412x being a few generations old was built to a much older atx standard that may or may not be compatible with the hardware you have. It is also definately past it's 3 year warranty.

Back