antec smartpower 2.0 PS dead need recommendations

takimbe

Limp Gawd
so my antec smartpower 2.0 died for some reason and ive only had it since last august. woke up this morning, pushed the switch, and only heard a faint whirring of the fans and a few soft beeps. nothing i knew to try could wake it up.

therefore i have concluded that it has died and now i am in the market for a new power supply (unless you guys can think of anything else to try). im looking to not spend more than 200 dollars, and the less money the better, but what are you recommendations for a power supply based on my sig? im looking to take off work and get this taken care of by lunch, so any suggestions are welcome!

thanks for the suggestions, but i no longer have the invoice for it unfortunately, just the old box. i ended up buying an antec neo HE 500 at frys because i had a gift certifcate. came out to 1007 after tax, so i only ended up paying 7 bucks, and it runs a lot quieter than even the smartpower. i suppose having the computer on 24 hours a day for weeks on end with never turning it off did the power supply in.

takimbe said:
i suppose having the computer on 24 hours a day for weeks on end with never turning it off did the power supply in.
Yes, I suppose we should all be babying our power supplies like that.

I'm being facetious, by the way.

takimbe said:
thanks for the suggestions, but i no longer have the invoice for it unfortunately, just the old box. i ended up buying an antec neo HE 500 at frys because i had a gift certifcate. came out to 1007 after tax, so i only ended up paying 7 bucks, and it runs a lot quieter than even the smartpower. i suppose having the computer on 24 hours a day for weeks on end with never turning it off did the power supply in.

I hope you meant $107 not one thousand, seven dollars...

I love my SP :D It wasnt because you left it on 24/7 considering most of us do the samething. Obviously was a slight defect that raised its ugly head, always save your receipts.

yeah i meant 107. too bad i dont have receipt, ill be sure to save receipts from now on.

so the neohe works eh? Have you tried running prime95 or loading the cpu. I hear those psus choke if given too much load...

prime95ed it all night, everythings good. i heard a lot about incompatability with certain motherboards like Asus, but i havent had any lockups or restarts, even after playing oblivion for 6 hours straight and then running prime95 for 8 hours. guess i got a lucky one

takimbe said:
prime95ed it all night, everythings good. i heard a lot about incompatability with certain motherboards like Asus, but i havent had any lockups or restarts, even after playing oblivion for 6 hours straight and then running prime95 for 8 hours. guess i got a lucky one

Really sad that you have to say you got lucky when it works.

Back