Antec Three Hundred Front Fans?

Zerphed

n00b
Hello,

I just bought a new Antec Three Hundred case and I'm eager to start modding and setting it up. However, I'm in need of advice as to which 120mm fans I should get in the two front bays? Are the Antec TriCool fans really the best option? I'd rather have the fans with blue leds though :D. I'd appreciate any sort of answers.

well there are many type of fans you could get for a blue led fan. I suggest get a fan controller and get the cheap 15 dollar for 2 blue led fans from coolermaster on newegg. Other than that you don't just have to buy antec fans. I just recieved my antec 300 today=) And its great, one thing that sucks is it can't do cable management or i just cant figure out how.

I just built up a 300 (love it - I have fans in all the spots, and it's still pretty quiet). There's a ton of blue LED fans out, sine blue seems to be the hot color right now. I can't say the TriCools are the best, but I used them so I wouldn't need a controller. The design's pretty simple, and the airflow/noise seems good. Retail is the killer, though - $20 a fan seems high, even with the 3-position switch.
The fan controller/cheaper fan suggestion is good, though I don't know how LED fans do with controllers. Seems like you'd dim the LEDs as you slowed things down, which could be good or bad.

cable routing's a little tricky, but definitely doable. It helps having longer PSU lines, so you can wrap them around, but I did route the 8-pin EPS connector under the mobo. Everything else tucked into the space behind the HDD cage, and is held by the two ties Antec provides. I used an Antec Earthwatts 500W PSU, so the only sleeved cable is the 24-pin ATX. It still looks pretty clean, and is wide open for airflow.
I'm only running 1 HDD and 2 DVD drives, and 1 PCIe, so there's not too much cabling to tuck away. Mostly the spare PSU cables. Still, a pretty nice case for a really nice price.

I just threw in some yate medium speed fans in the front and side. I have the tri-cools set to medium and the case is not noticable if you have a game running or anything with sound.

Whatever fan you choose, just make sure to take advantage of the power cable opening! When I wrote the manual, I was careful to put in that wide picture on page 5 to show the best wire routing. You can stash all the front fan connections (and speed switches, if you elect to use TriCools) in the cable management area, completely out of sight.

Nice, I'm definitely getting this case. I don't need any of the 1337 windows and glowing fans.

Can you take some photos of where the power button is attached to the case? I saw this case and am wondering if it is possible to put a 3 x 120mm radiator at the top of the case without interferring with the cabling for that area.

The wires from the front LEDs and switches are more than 38cm from the back of the case. They are mounted to the front of the case and should not interfere with a 3x rad.

However...
To install a 3x radiator will require removing the 5.25 bays. They are responsible for some of the case strength because they join the top and front with rivets. A 2 x 120mm radiator will fit without the 5.25 bay removal.

300_side_open.jpg

Cool, because of the fan mounted at the top I was actually thinking of using the koolance 3 x120mm shroud to raise the fan height a bit. I think I'll take a trip to Microcenter tomorrow for work and just stop by the case section since I happen to be there.

Whatever fan you choose, just make sure to take advantage of the power cable opening! When I wrote the manual, I was careful to put in that wide picture on page 5 to show the best wire routing. You can stash all the front fan connections (and speed switches, if you elect to use TriCools) in the cable management area, completely out of sight.

Can you post some pictures of this cable management are? None of the pictures I've seen of this case show what you're talking about.

On page 5 in the manual. You can download the PDF by going to the 300 page and scrolling down to where it says Manuals and then click on the flag for your language.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15300

In the wide picture, it shows how you route the power cable from the fan, through the oval opening, into the area between the 3.5 drives and side panel—completely out of sight and out of the airflow. Sorry that picture isn't on the website by itself for me to link to.

Heh,

Thanks for everything guys. I've decided to go with the blue antec tricools, however I am eager to pain the inside black and mod a window to the side of the case, I'll show you pictures of the mods once I'm done alright? ;)

Back