Antec True Power II?

Kaiga

Gawd
go look on www.directron.com.
These guys have ALOT of them, but service and reliability I heard isn't really top notch. but I have ordered from them, and they never messed anything up. but they will probably have what you are looking for.

I was looking at the only powerstream from ocz i could find and it's a single +12 rail rated at 33 A...methinks NOT SLI ready and not that great as far as reliability?

jimbean21 said:
I was looking at the only powerstream from ocz i could find and it's a single +12 rail rated at 33 A...methinks NOT SLI ready and not that great as far as reliability?

Why would you think not great for reliability?

well, due to the fact that it's only got 1 +12 rail...seems like that would be harder to regulate too...

Well it's certainly not rated for SLI, I worry about it not being a dual +12 rail.

jimbean21 said:
Well it's certainly not rated for SLI, I worry about it not being a dual +12 rail.

Well a dual 12v makes it easier to regulate a high 12v load like SLI people have run SLI on single 12v PSU's. If one was going to try there are few better supplies to try (namely Zippy, and PC Power and Cooling).

If you are looking for a supply maybe make a new thread where we can give you some advice
:)

Nah I think i'm just going to go with the Antec TruePower 2.0 550 watt0, SLI ready, dual +12 @ 38A i think....does this qualify as threadcrapping, if so...my apologies

jimbean21 said:
Nah I think i'm just going to go with the Antec TruePower 2.0 550 watt0, SLI ready, dual +12 @ 38A i think....does this qualify as threadcrapping, if so...my apologies

More like mildy OT.......a note of caution though on assuming 12v amperages on dual 12v PSU's the rails are not strictly additive......I would have to look that PSU up to know it's true combined.

looks very respectable..., looks like plenty of amperage across all rails....and it's featured on SLIzone.com, it's no PCP&C but for the moderate budget I think it's plenty.

I have this PSU. I'm very happy with it, it's usually very quiet!

Back