any test out the input lags on the new dell 07s?

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
i looking to get a new monitor. I plan on using it for competetion fps playing as well as web,email blah blah the boring stuff. I was hearing bad input lag from the 2405s so im wondering if its just that model or does it carry over to the other sizes specifically the 07 models. Does this imput lag only come when you plug imput devices into the usb ports of the monitor, or there is lag even if the mouse/keyboard is plugged in the pc?

kleox64 said:
If its PVA based like the 24" then expect lag.

I think he's asking for tests, not presumtions. The lag associated with SPVA panels isn't really a property of the panel (well, except for the response time, but that's not what we're talking about here). IF signal processing is being performed (overdrive), AND that signal processing is causing lag, then a faster on board processor will solve it. The signal processor has nothing to do with the panel or its technology. You may be right; the 2407 may suffer from the exact same lag as other SPVA panels, but let's at least get one tested before we make some conclusions.

Iam assuming the lag will be worse (244T for example) due to using alot more overdrive, we are talking a response time of 6ms g2g versus 12-16ms g2g on the 2405. Theres is no way samsung achieved that kind of drop in response time and at the same time using a panel very very similar to the old one.

Thus the need for a TEST. By coincidence, that's what this thread is asking for. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. Testing the 244t isn't accurate especially as the thread is about any of the new 07 models (some of which are SIPS). Either way, he's asking for tests. Do you have test results?

yeah im asking for conformation on input lag wether it informal or formal with a 07 model that you have witnessed personally.

someone will eventually purchase and test thesem only a matter of time.

Back