Any way to manually place music on my ipod or other ways than itunes?

ubern00b15

Gawd
Itunes gives me errrors. Tried reformatting, restoring....blah blah blah.........doesnt work...........just random file errors

its a 4G 20 gigger

I saw a post somewhere about some software called vpod. I dont have an ipod but I heard it works well.

I don't mean to thread-jack, but I have a similar question. Maybe it's the same question. Can you use the ipod as a removeable disk in OSX and add/remove music that way?

I know at least the minis work as removeable USB mass storage drives. Can you copy music onto it that way, and play it with the device? The filesystem looked really strange on Windows. All the files were in random, short-named (like 3 or 6 or 2, etc. I think) and were in I think 8.3 format. It's been a while. Maybe the filenames were longer, but they definitely got chopped bad, and underscores were in for spaces. I'm guessing this is for UNIX compatablilty, but anyone have any experience with this? Can music get simply copied over in OSX? Or is that just for other types of files, for storage?

I don't mean to thread-jack, but I have a similar question. Maybe it's the same question. Can you use the ipod as a removeable disk in OSX and add/remove music that way?
Yes, you can use them as portable harddrives. I do (did) that a lot. Works like a charm, even with encrypted disk images and such. You can still add music via iTunes/ephPod/whatever. You cannot add music to the iPod via the Finder/Explorer, though.

The file names have nothing to do with UNIX compatibility. It's more for RIAA compatibility, I guess. ;)

ubern00b15 said:
YES!!! that is what its doing, I tried CHKDSK, and it didn't work..........it just freezes no matter how long I leave it on. This is bullshit, I'm just going to exchange it.

why pay 300+ for software and hardware nonsense?
You give ephpod a shot? I prefer that over iTunes for PC music transfers.

Yes, Tried Vpod, and Ephpod, and Anapod. No luck. I am able to connect the pod and transfer over some songs, but after like 1500, I get errors. Tried the Winamp pluging too..no luck.........

ubern00b15 said:
YES!!! that is what its doing, I tried CHKDSK, and it didn't work..........it just freezes no matter how long I leave it on. This is bullshit, I'm just going to exchange it.

why pay 300+ for software and hardware nonsense?

SO the restore doesn't work, i think you have a fubar'd drive in there

have you done the obvious thing of testing on ANOTHER computer? see if it isn't your comp that has the issue and not the ipod??

Back