any ways to unlock and jailbreak iphone 5 yet?

It's only been out for like a week... the 4S took about 4 months to jailbreak if I remember correctly.

However Grant Paul did post some pics on twitter of an iPhone 5 running Cydia so maybe it will be sooner this time.

Buy one that's already unlocked.

This. Here in the UK it's the same price or cheaper to buy the phone sim-free and get a cheap £10/month sim deal with unlimited internet, rather than getting a slightly discounted phone and being tied into a 24 month £35+/month contract.

This. Here in the UK it's the same price or cheaper to buy the phone sim-free and get a cheap £10/month sim deal with unlimited internet, rather than getting a slightly discounted phone and being tied into a 24 month £35+/month contract.

Screw the UK and Europe in general :(

Here the best you can get is 100 mins/unlim text/5gb of 4g internet with T-Mobile, and that isn't even available everywhere or the fastest.

I hate how backwards the US is when it comes to this stuff.

Anyways, I would just google it. I remember my dad wanted to use an old 3GS with T-Mobile and he updated it to the newest version(5.1.1 or something) and that was one of those lame jailbreaks(You have to reboot on a computer everytime, I believe they called it tethered). Then a few days later I checked again and bam, there was a new way to do it. Same thing with my Droid 2, I checked like every week for an update on a root method, then one day there was one and I was happily rooted again.

Took about 2 months for the iphone 4 to be jailbreak'd. Going to be a bit. The jailbreak works on the iphone 5 but it is really unstable. Not ready for the masses yet.

Back