Anybody else...

snowysnowcones

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody else just itching for some R600 info?! I haven't been able to find anything other than a few roomers... I want to see what ATI has up their sleeve, because I'm hoping to buy a new PC early/mid 07

ati hasn't even released a tidbit of info regarding their new card although there have been rumors of it having 1gb memory and being on the 80nm process + being 512bit other than that there hasn't been anything.

80nm fab, Unified, 512bit mem controler, GDDR4, 1 gig, and DX10?

this is heaven or what?! :p

sideout said:
if it was single slot it would be heaven
Nope! The R600's are going to be so good, and so big it will be Tri-slot :p

No need for crossfire!

^stupid post :(

I'll go for 1024bit bus, GDDR5, 256 cores in UFA, Single Slot, no PCI-E power required, 65nm process, core clock of 1.5GHz, ram at 1500MHz (300 effective), draws less than 75W (hence no need for PCI-e power), runs at 45C under load, 40C at idle, All models run silent on heatpiped copper coolers, and cost a grand total of $NOTHING, bundled with your choice of 30" panels (Dell, HP, Apple). Oh, and also you get to choose 10 games to go with it, via in store, instant coupon, up to $600 for total games purchase...coupons can also be used for gaming hardware....and ATI will give you full retail (what you paid at time of purchase) for you current ATI video card.

I mean come on guys, be realistic. An no, I'm not a Nv guy...I just went to dual x1950pros from an x800XT...VERY HAPPY GUY HERE!

sabregen said:
I'll go for 1024bit bus, GDDR5, 256 cores in UFA, Single Slot, no PCI-E power required, 65nm process, core clock of 1.5GHz, ram at 1500MHz (300 effective), draws less than 75W (hence no need for PCI-e power), runs at 45C under load, 40C at idle, All models run silent on heatpiped copper coolers, and cost a grand total of $NOTHING, bundled with your choice of 30" panels (Dell, HP, Apple). Oh, and also you get to choose 10 games to go with it, via in store, instant coupon, up to $600 for total games purchase...coupons can also be used for gaming hardware....and ATI will give you full retail (what you paid at time of purchase) for you current ATI video card.

pppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

i preordered TWO of those.

but back to the op

for sure. i still wonder why ati hasn't leaked some good benches to combat everyone buying nV right now.

^yeah, wouldn't it be smart for ATi to "leak" some benches? To get the people excited about their new card?

Given the attention span of "people" leaking benches now would be a bit too early, unless these benches completely demolish the g80. Also, it'd be smarter to get 1-2 cards into the hands of some XS people, just like Intel did with Conroe. Cheapest viral marketing money can buy.

Joebar said:
"and all for $350" = heaven!

Unfortunately, if the rumored 512 bit memory interface rumor is true, it won't be cheap at all.

I 2nd the leak a couple cards to the top XS people. Just make them sign a NDA about the cards specs but allow them to release some benchmark scores.

That'd be plenty.

ATi is just plain dumb not to leak any benchmarks or specs at this point,

unless of course they dont have anything to show for, which would mean 8800gtx is quite a bit faster than what they expected , so now thay are making changes to r600 just to make it at least as fast as g80 .

which sucks. couse im a ati fanb()y and i expected them to bring something smoking fast to the market this time around, i guess they were trying to pull the x1800 on us again (which i think sucked big time)

I have that feeling as well...they didn't expect the G80 to have so much horsepower so they probably went back to do a little tweaks to either A) Make at just as fast or 2) Make it faster because it matched in speed and power.

512 memory interface, GDDR4 clocked a lot higher than X1950XTX, most likely unified shader architecture and probably will be really hot. I also believe its on a 90nm process, am i wrong?

By the time they leak the benches NV will have made the 8900GTX, wtf is up with them?

XSNiper said:
By the time they leak the benches NV will have made the 8900GTX, wtf is up with them?

Unless NV has moved to having product cycles of 2.5 to 3 months, I don't hardly think so.

i will say this: i'm waiting for ati's dx10 product before i buy anything only because i refuse to buy something were there is no compitition. i want to see who's is better and take price into consideration and then buy, so i can't wait for r600

Im in the same boat. Ive been a loyal Nv fan, but I want to see what ATI will pull out for this one. No competition is like a monopoly, and all that. If ATI does pull off a mindblowing card, and it bitch stomps the 8800GTX, then I want the ability to buy the better of 2 that suits my needs.

Ok, here's a compilation of the most recent R600 rumors:

- 64 unified shaders 4 SIMD
- 512 bit mem interface, GDDR4.
- 16 ROPS
- 700 to 800 mhz GPU clock
- 80 nm Process

That's about it.

Who cares if it's expensive?
It's an enthusiast card. You don't see graphic designers complaining about their FireGL cards. You gotta pay to play, and the reason it's more expensive now is due in large part to inflation.

Silus said:
If those rumors hold true, It will be an EXTREMELY expensive card. This is the Inquirer though. I rather have confirmation from official sources.

i dont like the high prices of the video cards,

but i would rather see DAAMIT put out a EXTREMELY expensive card that smokes the g80 by a healthy margin than a card that barely catches up in performance to G80 for the same price or more as g80

That's_Corporate said:
Who cares if it's expensive?
It's an enthusiast card. You don't see graphic designers complaining about their FireGL cards. You gotta pay to play, and the reason it's more expensive now is due in large part to inflation.

True, but don't you think that paying more than $650 (price of a 8800 GTX) is pushing it ? I mean $650 is already alot of cash and R600, if these rumors are true, will cost much more than that.

Vielgus-Kutas said:
i dont like the high prices of the video cards,

but i would rather see DAAMIT put out a EXTREMELY expensive card that smokes the g80 by a healthy margin than a card that barely catches up in performance to G80 for the same price or more as g80

Amen to that. While I do not think this is going to happen in DX9 apps, it might be the case in DX10 titles/benchmarks. We'll see.

Silus said:
True, but don't you think that paying more than $650 (price of a 8800 GTX) is pushing it ? I mean $650 is already alot of cash and R600, if these rumors are true, will cost much more than that.

Oh no doubt, I agree it's alot of money.
But it takes sacrafice to be a cutting edge enthusiast, so if you're not willing to shell out the bucks, then don't complain, that's all I'm saying.

It's like complaining about the price of a Ferrari.

I just wonder about 2 things (as money isnt the concern at the moment):

1) Heat output and clock speeds
2) Power consumption.

I have a PSU with 600 watts and dual 6 pin connectors, but I dont want to have to run 2 connectors if possible. 2Gb VRAM would be veeeeery nice if it is GDDR4 ;)

That's_Corporate said:
Oh no doubt, I agree it's alot of money.
But it takes sacrafice to be a cutting edge enthusiast, so if you're not willing to shell out the bucks, then don't complain, that's all I'm saying.

It's like complaining about the price of a Ferrari.

Fair enough. I won't complain anymore :)

Back