Anybody got ripped off on this deal with Batman AC + nVidia GTX combo?

Brian48

Limp Gawd
I stopped by Microcenter yesterday and bought a Zotac 570. It was one of the qualifying cards that got you a copy of Batman Arkham City.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371742

After I left the store, I realized that the cashier didn't give me the coupon for this download so I went back. They told me that there was a limited supply of these coupons and that I was out of luck. I was more than a little ripped as they are still pushing this promotion even today.

http://www.microcenter.com/storefronts/nvidia/index.html

Anybody else getting jammed like this? I sent a complaint to their CSR line, but I doubt it'll get anywhere. I'm wondering if this is something I should complain to nVidia about or if this is just something that was worked out with the game developers and the card manufacturers. I don't get the impression that Zotac is sponsoring this promotion from the looks of their site so I'm assuming it's between nVidia and Microcenter.

I see no obvious place where it says coupon supplies are limited. I'd give the management at Microcenter a chance to make it right otherwise contact the consumer affairs office for your state.

Unless you really needed the video card, I would have just returned it and made sure they knew why.

Well, I needed the card, but I could have just as easily bought it else where. My main gripe is that if they had known that they could not honor it, why the hell are they still running this promotion? I'm not the only one that's about to get screwed.

Well first off, this is hot deals section, not deal discussion. Post in the right sections please...

With that said, I understand the frustration but deals like that are ALWAYS until supplies run out. They are not guaranteed. The same thing happens on newegg or tigerdirect. Game promos are there until supplies run out, then they of course update the site to show no game included anymore. Microcenter definitely should not still be running the promo if supplies are gone. I do agree with you there.

damn i just bought that card yesterday and i didnt get the game coupon :(, going to call them up. worst comes to worst ill return the card and get it someplace else

I didn't get it because the store 'ran' out. guy was supposd to email me the code if they got more but I haven't heard anything. If not for the 20% off coupon. I would have bought elsewhere.

Ah man - they said they should be getting some later when I picked up my 580.

Maybe they're still running it because other locations still have them? Seriously, there are plenty of other places to shop. Return if you felt cheated.

I stopped by Microcenter yesterday and bought a Zotac 570. It was one of the qualifying cards that got you a copy of Batman Arkham City.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371742

After I left the store, I realized that the cashier didn't give me the coupon for this download so I went back. They told me that there was a limited supply of these coupons and that I was out of luck. I was more than a little ripped as they are still pushing this promotion even today.

http://www.microcenter.com/storefronts/nvidia/index.html

Anybody else getting jammed like this? I sent a complaint to their CSR line, but I doubt it'll get anywhere. I'm wondering if this is something I should complain to nVidia about or if this is just something that was worked out with the game developers and the card manufacturers. I don't get the impression that Zotac is sponsoring this promotion from the looks of their site so I'm assuming it's between nVidia and Microcenter.

Return it and buy elsewhere.

My brother-in-law and I went to microcenter in Fairfax to buy our cards, and they didn't give either of us a coupon. Luckily when I went to buy my second 580 a few days later in Rockville, MD, I asked for two and they gave me two.

I sent an email to the rep who helped me - he had given me his card and said to drop him in an email in a couple days. Sure enough, he responded with the code for the game.

Quick edit - just redeemed my code, and all worked. The website had this update...

You've geared up with an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or higher graphics card. Now redeem your coupon code below for a free copy of Batman: Arkham City.

You can complete the checkout process on Steam but the game will not be available to play until the official launch of the PC version of the game. The original launch date of 21st October (which is printed on your coupon) has now changed to November 2011. The exact date in November will be confirmed soon.

Last edited:
Back