Anyone FPS Gaming on 27" + LCD?

Jay_2

2[H]4U
Just wondering what is the best monitor for twitch gaming such as CS:S etc? I am looking at a 27" + Monitor to replace my old Viewsonic 24" monitor.

If you have an nVidia gpu, get a lightboost 2 monitor as it will give you the smoothest experience. There are newer ones with 1ms response time which what you should look for.

depends on the res... i did a lot of switching... i will always miss my crt... but i currently have one of the 1ms samsungs but because its res isnt above 1080.. im missing out on potential that other monitors could have given me...going to be trying out one of these korean ips monitors to see if there is much of a difference

I'm just not a fan myself of the 1080 either.

I would love to find a 24" + 1920 x 1200 + res with low latency for FPS games

I play shooters on my 30" 3007WFP-HC. Yep, it's old, has relatively slow response times and only refreshes at 60hz but I don't notice any lag or ghosting.
I expect most non-scalar monitors would be good enough...and once I get "good enough" response/lag performance I start looking at image quality.

Are you strictly looking for the best performance, or is IQ also a major concern?

I just don't like to have any input lag on my end if I can help it.

Back